Procurement Level 4 Apprenticeship
Buying (Procurement) Level 4 Apprenticeship
Magnox are delighted to be recruiting a Level 4 apprentice to join them as a Buyer in their Procurement and Supply Chain function based at Hinkley, Somerset.
IMPORTANT - Applicants must be 18 years old
Who is Magnox?
Magnox Ltd is a subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) responsible for the safe and secure clean-up of 12 nuclear sites and operation of one hydro-electric plant across the UK.
We are responsible for ensuring that our activities are carried out:
- safely, securely and predictably, with due regard for the environment
- to the satisfaction of the NDA
- in the long-term interests of our organisation, our employees, the local communities and our supply chain partners.
The Magnox Procurement & Supply Chain Function
The role of the Procurement and Supply Chain function within Magnox is to plan, manage and execute commercial activities (i.e. efficiently select, contract, develop, manage the relationship and transact with the supply chain). Work is executed in order to deliver the requirements to the required Magnox safety, security, quality standards, while achieving maximum value out of all our supply chain spend.
This is a function with broad reach, engaging with all parts of the organisation and is spread across all sites.
What You'll be Doing
As an apprentice buyer within Magnox, you will be to providing an effective and compliant professional buying service for low value and low risk procurements and to support procurements of higher value and higher risk as required. You will be required to ensure all purchase orders, independent of value, are correctly processed through the requisition to the pay system in a timely manner.
As a Magnox apprentice buyer you will:
- Ensure that all purchase orders are correctly processed and expedited in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures. This may include buying for multiple projects over multiple sites.
- Learn and use professional buying skills to pro-actively identify the best sources of supply and ensures that suppliers receive accurate and clear instructions.
- Secure appropriate sources of supply for each purchase order, utilising existing contracts & frameworks whilst ensuring compliance to scope and sanction values.
- Provide expertise on, and deals effectively with queries regarding the requisition to pay and process system and the wider commercial processes.
- Support monitoring and reporting of spend.
- Support colleagues learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
What You'll Need
To be eligible for this role you will require:
- Five GCSEs in the 9 to 4 (A* to C) range including Maths and English.
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Numeracy / Problem Solving
- Attention to detail and a pro-active approach
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team player
- Interest in a career in procurement and supply chain
- Commitment to safety
Training will be provided through the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) and will last for 24 months.
Working at Magnox
Working hours: 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday (07:25-17:00)
Salary: 1st Year - £12,500 1st Year after 6 months - £14,000 2nd Year - £16,836
Key things to consider: Due to the remote location of the sites, public transport availability is limited; an interest free loan/advance of salary is available to the successful candidate to assist with travel.
This apprenticeship is just the beginning! The following are examples of roles you could progress to following your successful completion of this apprenticeship:
- Senior Buyer
- Procurement Specialist
- Senior Procurement Specialist
- P&SC Governance Specialist
- Procurement Lead
To apply for this role, please download and complete the appropriate application form from the Energus website by clicking on the apply button below.
Applications close on Sunday 18th April 2021 and virtual assessment days will take place throughout May/June 2021.
Magnox Diversity Statement
Magnox Ltd is committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities and in particular those that are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, candidates with disabilities and female candidates. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit.