Head of Procurement
Mackle Petfoods, founded in 1972 and based in Co. Armagh, is one of Ireland’s leading pet food manufacturers, leading the way in pet products. For over 45 years they have sourced only the finest natural, local ingredients to produce top quality products and their products are created and manufactured to strict quality guidelines with full traceability back to origin. Mackle Petfoods customers can always count on the utmost quality and value for money right across the range.
With such attention to detail with their products Mackle Petfoods are keen to build on this continuous improvement strategy and also improve their carbon footprint. As part of this development strategy and due to their continued growth, they have created this new role of Head of Procurement. The Head of Procurement will lead and manage all purchasing functions of the business, effectively sourcing materials meeting the required quality specifications and ensuring best value for the company.
The successful candidate should possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating at a senior purchasing level within FMCG/ Food manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate clear leadership, a passion and enthusiasm for sustainable purchasing and a desire to work collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve value for money.
- Proficient in the application of procurement skills and techniques and evidence of developing and implementing management controls to ensure compliance.
- Experience of utilising ERP and MRP systems to drive visibility and improved service.
- Experience of developing procurement policy and procedure which link directly to improved business performance and a proven track record of delivering procurement benefits.
- Excellent IT and Microsoft office skills, with experience of ERP purchasing and stock control systems.
- Educated to degree level in a related area.
Mackle Petfoods is focused on innovating their business, providing excellent products, supporting their team, increasing export sales and they have also recently invested £5.7million in their business. If you want to be part of this future focused business then contact Emma Kieran, Senior Consultant, Clarendon Executive for a confidential discussion on +44 2890 725756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is by tailored CV and closing date is 5pm on 25th March 2021.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and Clarendon Executive are acting as an agent on their behalf.