Senior Procurement Lead - Aerospace
Senior Procurement Lead - Aerospace
FTSE 250 Multinational
Surrey (Flexible working)
Contact Rhys at: jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Bramwith Consulting are working alongside this multinational aerospace and defence firm to find a Senior procurement and supply chain Lead to work within a dynamic and fast-paced business unit focusing on bringing some of the most cutting-edge technology and engineering innovations to market.
This role would suit an ambitious yet experienced procurement professional looking to make a move into a global company which will offer long-term progression and the opportunity to work on exciting projects at the forefront of the aerospace and defence industry. This role plays a crucial part in developing supply chain strategy to support business development, whilst also getting hands on with the strategic sourcing of technology and services mostly for new product developments within the aerospace, aviation and space domains.
This company offers unparallel exposure to the aerospace and defence engineering industry, as they continue to lead the market in the development of new technology, robotics, and other innovative aerospace solutions. Based in their main site near South Surrey, this forward-thinking team offers flexible ways of working and a collaborative culture.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Lead role are:
- Engaging with stakeholders across the UK, and globally both internally within the business, and with third parties to develop sourcing and supply chain strategy which seeks to support new product developments and research, identify routes to market and ensure robust delivery for the organisations clients
- Working as part of a specialist and dynamic procurement team, this role will also involve engaging in the full end to end procurement process, from managing existing supplier portfolios, to negotiating with new vendors and the strategic sourcing of niche and essential finished items, parts and services for a wide range of technological products
- Working alongside engineering teams, this role will involve a great deal of cross functional working, supporting complex project delivery through excellent supplier management and contractual/commercial knowledge.
Alongside having sound procurement and supply chain knowledge. The successful individual will display sound commercial skills, by being able to support business development bids and help the organisation win new business.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Minimum 5 years' experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment in a procurement or commercial role.
- Previous industry experience in defence, aerospace is desirable, however experience within an engineering/technical environment is essential
- Experience of working with NPD's, route to market strategy and commercial terms is essential, whilst so too is a solid grasp on end-to-end procurement and sourcing processes
- Strong educational background, relevant degree (business, engineering etc) is highly desirable, so too is formal procurement accreditation (CIPS)
- Full and unrestricted right to work in the UK, this role does not offer sponsorship and security clearance may need to be obtained
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Rhys at: jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Salary dependant on experience
This company offers a degree of flexible working
Key words: aerospace, defence, engineering, disruptive tech, NPD, NPI, technology, space, robotics, automation, surrey, Hampshire, London, home counties, procurement, supply chain , sourcing, strategic sourcing, purchasing, buying, buyer, senior buyer, procurement manager, supply chain manager, commercial, commercial manager, CIPS, MCIPS, Head of procurement, category manager