C2 Deputy Head of Commercial (plus reserve)
The IPO is currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of Commercial to join our team and help to continue the process of building a strong Commercial Function. We are looking for talented people who can manage our commercial portfolios along with our most complex and novel programmes and projects. The ideal candidate will have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational people to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts. We are currently transitioning from a traditional procurement function to a fully encompassing Commercial operation. Our current spend is circa £40M per year and we are also investing in a huge Transformation programme. The ideal candidate will have an excellent opportunity to lead the further capability development of the department and provide strategic insight and assurance across the full range of commercial activity to ultimately drive value for money for the taxpayer. The IPO is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. Appointments will be made on merit based on fair and open competition.
The Deputy Head of Commercial will support the Head in bringing together IPO’s commercial policy, strategy, capability, systems and processes. They will also support the Head of Commercial in stakeholder and governance responsibilities.
Responsibilities of role (with estimate percent of time spent on each):
• Commercial Team Management – provides effective line management, leadership, assurance and guidance to Commercial Category Managers (30%)
• Management Team Responsibilities – As a member of the Finance Senior Management Team, provides necessary input to a variety of forums internally and externally (30%)
• Works with internal stakeholders to understand, guide and support commercial activity and decision making associated with third party engagement, including developing a comprehensive pipeline of activity. (10%)
• Provides effective line management, leadership and guidance to the Commercial team. This includes managing a diverse supplier base, bringing Commercial strategies to life, coaching and developing staff, driving and encouraging change. (10%)
• Ensures the appropriate application of Commercial policy and compliance to Procurement regulations across Commercial Function activities. Assures Business Case, Procurement Strategies, ITT documentation and other documents for Commercial activity. (10%)
• Ad hoc project and development work (10%) Candidates to note: to be eligible to apply for this role, candidates should hold, or be working toward CIPS Level 6.
For Further information on the recruitment process and company benefits, please see the Civil Service Jobs website.
More searches like this
- Buying Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Contracts Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Procurement Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Supply chain Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Category management Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO