Strategic Procurement Manager, Food & Ingredients
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Ingredients & Products - Challenger and Expanding UK Food Brand - London + flex working - £60-70k + package
This rapidly expanding and challenging food brand in the UK, committed to bringing some of the most exciting ingredients to wider retail market, is looking to bring onboard it's first strategic procurement manager, to report into MD and it's owner business, to help drive strategic growth over the coming years.
This is the first procurement hire for this group, operating across a diverse portfolio with experience of operating in ingredients, food and packaging is required. As a small organisation, the business partners closely with a number of small suppliers, in which you will have to navigate some complex agreements in relation to seasonality and produce, making this a great opportunity to grow your strategic experience to the highest level!
Procurement Manager Role outline:
- As the sole procurement hire for this business, you will be delivering buying expertise over all product functions, managing supplier relationships and proactively building a co-manufacturing supply base
- Work with the group MD and work strategically alongside the owner business in delivering long-term strategic plans
- Operate as an internal and external ambassador that lives and breathes the group vision and ignite passion in others around you
Procurement and skillset required:
- Ingredients and food product-based purchasing experience in either a global food / bev or FMCG brand, with experience ideally of operating in a small and expanding brand, able to operate in an unstructured and challenging environment
- Ability to motivate and drive oneself to achieve in a small team
- Able to work and strategically partner with small and complex suppliers, and truly create trusted long-term relationships
- Bachelor's degree is a MUST or equivalent
- CIPS qualification is ideal however not essential
If you are a strategic procurement manager looking to move into one of the UK's food challenger brands and play a key role in the development of this brand, please apply via this domain or with your cv directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: procurement, direct procurement, strategic procurement, purchasing, food buying, ingredients procurement, ingredients, produce, food, packaging, co-manufacturing, SRM, category management, procurement manager, stakeholder management, SME, global, FMCG, food and bev, UK, London, degree, CIPS