Senior Procurement Director, Strategic Initiatives - Pharma
Senior Global Procurement Director - Strategic Initiatives & Business Partnering Function - Fortune 500 Pharma Major - London + Highly Competitive Senior Director Salary
This fortune 500 pharma major and leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, offering solutions to over 120,000 retail and health system pharmacies, are looking to bring on-board a highly consultative and strategic senior director to lead across strategic business partnering on a global level, to drive private label sourcing for the organisation.
This 'strategic initiatives' function was formed in the wake of an acquisition of the one of the largest pharmaceutical wholesalers, allowing the organisation to achieve purchasing synergies on a global scale, by capitalising on their now unmatched capabilities and reach. In this role you will lead and be responsible for building relationships with industry leading pharma and non-Rx suppliers, and deliver high priority value projects related to the companies sourcing model.
As a Senior Procurement Director in this organisation you will:
- Be responsible for delivering strategic initiatives by setting up value targets, outlining roadmaps for execution and embedding concepts in the overall business
- Deliver high value and priority projects related to the companies sourcing model, market analysis, emerging industry trends and portfolio analysis
- Partner closely with the strategy team to translate visions onto paper
- Provide effective coaching and guidance to direct reports and extended teams for successful project completions
- A minimum 10yrs working in management consulting, business development or strategy, preferably within healthcare or consumer related industries
- Strategic thinking - able to evaluate industry trends, develop long term implications and recommend pragmatic strategies
- Analytically strong - able to provide intellectual leadership to problem solving
- Healthcare knowledge - knowledge of stakeholder base, trends and economic drivers in industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA is preferred however not essential
This is a high priority hire for one of the leading pharma majors in the world, where the work you do will have direct impacts on customers and patients globally. If you have what it takes, please apply now via this domain or directly with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Keywords: procurement, strategic procurement, procurement strategy, procurement initiatives, pharma, pharmaceuticals, pharma wholesale, consulting, strategy, business intelligence, business strategy, director, senior director, global, fortune500, MBA, Degree, London