6 days left
- Full Time
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
The post holder will provide specialist procurement advice and leadership to all officers up to a senior level undertaking commissioning and procurement projects across the Council. This includes influencing senior officers on projects encompassing Adult Social Care, Children Services, Housing and Public Health Services. The post holder will ensure that all procurement projects meet the needs of service users and are undertaken in accordance with MKC constitutional rules, UK legislation, case law, (the CCG where applicable) and any other relevant partners to deliver those priorities/initiatives arising from Cabinet direction.
- Accountable for a portfolio of procurement projects
- To lead on and be accountable for advise on all aspects of procurement strategy reflecting the policies of the Council
- Manage procurement projects to ensure that best practise is used to maximise opportunities for efficiencies and service improvement.
- To support and develop other team members, providing direction and advice in specialist areas and disseminating good practise from project to project
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Experience of manipulation of financial and other data within an excel environment to evaluate tenders and performance
- A detailed knowledge of public service/local government and partnership working
- CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent with post qualifying experience
- Able to forge partnerships (internally and externally) that ensure internal and external collaborative opportunities are maximised.
- Ability to assess and manage risks associated with procurement projects and contract management
- Able to communicate effectively with others at all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Able to achieve desired outcomes through negotiation, persuasion and mediation as appropriate
- Take responsibility for delivering own work and meeting agreed work objectives, working to local frameworks and guidelines.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Agile working
- Career progression