Ifor Williams Trailers (IWT) is Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at five advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. The company was established in 1958 and to date has manufactured over half a million trailers.
The wide product range includes Livestock, Horsebox, General Duty, Tipper, Plant, Flatbed, Box Van trailers, Car Transporters, and pick-up Canopies. The customer base is equally diverse, ranging from the agricultural community to the plant and commercial industry and the leisure sector.
The company's philosophy is to manufacture trailers of the highest quality that combine the latest technology with strength, durability, ease of maintenance and value for money.
As IWT look to further enhance their market presence, they are recruiting a Senior Buyer who will join this thriving team. This role will be responsible for all direct and indirect procurement for the business. Your focus will be to ensure OTIF, maintain the highest of quality and ensure all contracts are cost-effective for the business. The right candidate for this role will be proactive and take the initiative to make improvements throughout the Procurement function. This is a fantastic time to join IWT and make a real impact.
- Developing all processes and procedures to ensure best Procurement practice
- Negotiating, implementing and maintaining supplier agreements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews as necessary in order to maintain supplier performance levels for quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross functionally across the different department to ensure agreed company goals
- Managing inventory levels and ensure accuracy without affecting production
- Dealing with complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products
- Working closely with suppliers to develop and maintain long lasting relationships
- Implementing KPI's to accurately monitor supplier performance and ensure cost reductions
- Escalating and addressing business risks without delay or hesitation
- Full accountability for sourcing the right quality of products and services
Skills & Experience Required
This is a hands-on role requiring this Senior Buyer to be fully involved in both the day to day detail and the overall strategy for the team. Candidate requirements include:
- Ability to deliver a procurement service which is cost effective, quality focussed, timely and reliable
- Experience in developing high level sourcing strategies
- Strong operational Procurement background
- Experience in leading and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing environment
- High level of education, including CIPS