Lead Engineering Procurement Officer
Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Engineering supply chain function who are looking to recruit an Engineering Procurement Officer who will be responsible for procurement and delivery of electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
The Engineering Lead Procurement Officer is responsible for procurement and delivery of complex electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, against short lead times, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Responsibility for key product stream within Ocado Engineering – both first and second tier suppliers
- Development, co-ordination and management of key suppliers
- Report relevant supplier KPIs and drive performance
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified Quality standards
- Expand Supplier base to satisfy international and scale requirements of future business needs.
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating supply chain challenges
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business need
- Recommend and implement process improvements to improve Supply Chain robustness.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and expectations.
- Drive best practice in Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvement
- Good track record of component sourcing and supply chain scaling within Europe and worldwide including legal contract management
- Experience of capex procurement, contract negotiation and project management from sourcing to delivery
- Stakeholders management, experience of project based business
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
- Experience of sourcing and procuring electro mechanical equipment in Engineering environment.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering company procurement strategies
- Ability to work in dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
To apply, please click 'Apply'