Commercial & Procurement Consultant
Evolve Commercial is seeking an ambitious Commercial & Procurement professional to work in a consulting capacity supporting our clients’ complex technology programmes, operating mainly in the secure domain.
As a key member of the Evolve Commercial team, your role will be to provide expert independent commercial and procurement advice to our clients, from sourcing strategy to contract disposal and everything in between: writing business cases, running tenders, negotiating contracts and providing input into a variety of other tasks as required.
Being ambitious and enthusiastic is a must; not only are you directly supporting our clients in delivering their mission-critical requirements, but you are working with us to establish Evolve Commercial as a trusted provider of commercial and procurement services within the secure sector.
This is a great time to join Evolve Commercial. We are an exciting, fast growing start-up SME and we are looking for someone to grow with us. The right candidate should be someone who appreciates the challenges of creating something new and is willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get things done. For this person, an excellent package is on offer.
- Client engagement and relationship management
- Development of procurement and commercial strategies
- Owning and assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Authoring and supporting business cases for new procurements
- Management of tender activities using public sector frameworks
- Supplier performance management
- Undertake value-for-money analysis for business cases and tenders
- Advise on compliance with Public Contract Regulations and Defence & Security Public Contract Regulations as well as the clients’ internal policies and procedures
- Carrying out Contract Management and ensuring that files are up to date, providing an auditable trail of effective management
Required Skills & Experience
- Approx. 5 years commercial and/or procurement experience
- Ability to manage clients effectively, creating strong and valuable relationships
- Strong business acumen, able to quickly pick up new tasks or use initiative to seek out and resolve problems
- Excellent understanding of Public Contract Regulations and ideally experience operating in the Defence or Security sector
- Ability to author professional documents quickly and accurately, in line with the appropriate writing style (may be a client document or an Evolve Commercial document)
- Good understanding of technology programmes from a business perspective; i.e. knowledge of different types of technologies such as cloud, PaaS, SaaS, and how they are procured and managed
- Successful candidate likely to hold or be working towards CIPS/MCIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Other professional qualifications and a relevant degree or degree level qualification are also desirable
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance essential