4 days left
- Full Time
- Competitive package including bonus and healthcare
- Growth and promotion as the business continues to grow
About Our Client
Michael Page are pleased to be working exclusively with Singleton Birch Limited to recruit a Logistics Planner.
Singleton Birch Limited are the largest independent Lime Producers in the UK. The company in recent years have focused on diversification for the benefits of the company and its customers, with a vision to become a more diverse company going forward to secure the proud status of Singleton Birch Limited.
We are seeking an individual who has experience of working in a transport office environment with experience of logistics planning and has experience of container shipping/international freight or interested in training to gain export/import logistics knowledge.
The successful candidate will need to be commercially minded, capable of managing costs and negotiating freight rates.
- To schedule and plan day to day customer deliveries. These maybe via bulk powder tanker, curtainsider, tipper or shipping container
- To ensure all customer deliveries are allocated to approved and authorised hauliers and drivers in accordance with the company's policies, practices and standards
- To oversee global import and export container shipping
- To receive process of customer orders from time to time
- To assist managing the company's haulage budgets
- To calculate and obtain quotes for haulage and shipping rates
- To ensure that the companies haulage provision is efficiently utilised from both a financial & environmental perspective
- To work with the Logistics Manager to assist is making the Singleton Birch Logistics Business profitable
- To provide a high level of customer service and expertise with nominated customers and participate in special projects
- To present company and department in a professional manor at all times to both internal and external customers
- To communicate with existing customers through telephone contact etc. to determine levels of customer demand and satisfaction
- To provide and monitor the performance of hauliers on a daily basis and provide relevant training where necessary ensuring the compliance with the company's policies, practices and standards
- To ensure computer and administration systems are current and up to date
- Comply with the documented Company Management System (CMS) and the Company handbook
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in a similar role including managing freight forwarders and UK import and export
- Strong UK routing knowledge
- Confident IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office
- CPC qualified
- Commercially minded
- Ability to multi-task
What's on Offer
Singleton Birch Ltd are committed to providing a good working culture for all their employees.
The package for the Logistics Planner includes:
- Salary £35-40K
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYC0320212177802Z
Apply for Logistics Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly