Category Manager - Clinical
- An excellent chance to be part of a PE backed, growing dental business
- You'll be joining a greenfield environment with a lot of opportunity
About Our Client
Our CEO, Sam Waley-Cohen, founded Portman Dental Care in 2009 with the desire to be the best rather than the biggest privately-focused dental group. Culture and values are critical to us, with a simple ethos at our core to treat others as we would want to be treated ourselves.
Portman currently have 150 dental practices across the UK, including 16 orthodontic Portman Smile Clinics, caring for over 600,000 patients. Our practices offer a range of specialist, private and NHS dental care services, and are focused on continual development both in clinical skills and innovation.
We're multi award-winning, with accolades including 'Outstanding Business of the Year' at the Dental Industry Awards for 3 consecutive years (2017 to 2019), as well as nationally recognised awards within many of our individual practices.
- Negotiate supply and service level agreements with suppliers
- Lead on supplier assessment including with provision of qualitative and quantitative information on supply performance for designated indirect categories
- Contract Management: In partnership with others, identify opportunities to improve the product/service offering to those contracts assigned, both through beneficial pricing and/or functionality and performance. Organise, attend and support equipment assessment and selection with assigned contracts
- Implementation of procurement processes and ways of working
The Successful Applicant
- CIPS qualified with relevant procurement experience gained in a multi-site, decentralised setting, you will demonstrate a proven track record of implementing and developing robust purchasing frameworks
- You will be adept at supplier sourcing, contract negotiation, building strong supplier relationships and monitoring Service Level Agreements
- With the capability of working autonomously, you will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, as the role works closely with a range of Practice Managers, Functional Teams and Operations Managers based across the UK
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management capabilities
- Experience of change management and business process improvement
- Willingness to travel and be away from home on a regular basis
- High level analytical, verbal and written presentation skills
- Ideally having worked in healthcare sectors however industry type not important, but must have worked in both high volume, low variety and low volume high variety operations
What's on Offer
Stay fit and active
- Cycle to work schemes Get on your bike and save up to 38 percent on a new bike and accessories.
- Gym membership Save up to 50 percent on your gym membership (valid at over 1,500 gyms and leisure centres across the country).
Your health and wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme A discreet helpline and telephone counselling service should you ever need extra support or someone to talk to. This is a service funded by Portman Dental Care and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Critical illness cover A lump sum payment, should you become critically ill.
- Health cash plan Claim medical expenses for healthcare appointments, such as opticians, physiotherapy and more.
- Dental cover As part of a network of outstanding dental practices, it makes sense that you should have the option to claim back costs from dental visits. This is funded by Portman Dental Care.
A little bit extra
- Give as you earn A tax efficient way of donating to your favourite charities.
- Childcare vouchers A helping hand for working parents.
- Online shopping Unique discount codes for lots of high street retailers, accessible only to Portman practices.
- Travel insurance So you don't have to worry about insuring you and your family when you go on holiday.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYC2553507Z