Commercial and Procurement Manager
Commercial and Procurement Manager
Disruptive Technology and Aerospace Solutions Multinational
Surrey (Flexible working)
Contact Rhys at: jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Working on some of the most interesting and innovative technology solutions and new product developments in the industry, this FTSE 250 firm focusing on the Aerospace and defence markets are looing to bring on board a new member of the team to lead on procurement and commercial activities to enable the delivery of customer programmes.
The successful individual will get unparalleled exposure to supply chain management, whilst getting heavily involved in commercial activities relating to bid management, route-to-market analysis, sourcing strategies and supplier management.
This company offers unparallel exposure to the aerospace and defence engineering industry, as they continue to lead the market in the development of new technology in areas such as robotics and cyber solutions Based in one of their main sites in Surrey or Hampshire, this forward-thinking team offers flexible ways of working and a collaborative culture.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Engaging with stakeholders across the UK, and globally both internally within the business, and with third parties to develop sourcing and supply chain strategy which seeks to support new product developments and research, identify routes to market and ensure robust delivery for the organisation's customers.
- Be involved heavily with pre-bid procurement activities, including developing make vs buy strategies and designing supply chains.
- Working as part of a specialist and dynamic procurement team, this role will also involve engaging in the full end to end procurement process, from managing existing supplier portfolios, to negotiating with new vendors and the strategic sourcing of niche and essential finished items, parts, and services for a wide range of technological products.
- Working alongside engineering teams, this role will involve a great deal of cross functional working, supporting complex project delivery through excellent supplier management and contractual/commercial knowledge.
As well as having sound procurement and supply chain knowledge. The successful individual will display sound commercial skills, by being able to support business development bids and help the organisation win new business.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Minimum 4 years' experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment in a procurement or commercial role.
- Previous industry experience in defence, aerospace is desirable, however experience within an engineering/technical environment is essential.
- Experience of working with NPD's, route to market strategy and commercial terms is essential, whilst so too is a solid grasp on end-to-end procurement and sourcing processes.
- Strong educational background, relevant degree (business, engineering etc) is highly desirable, so too is formal procurement accreditation (CIPS)
- Full and unrestricted right to work in the UK, this role does not offer sponsorship and security clearance may need to be obtained.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Rhys at: jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: aerospace, defence, engineering, disruptive tech, NPD, NPI, technology, space, robotics, automation, surrey, Hampshire, London, home counties, procurement, supply chain , sourcing, strategic sourcing, purchasing, buying, buyer, senior buyer, procurement manager, supply chain manager, commercial, commercial manager, CIPS, MCIPS, Head of procurement, category manager
Apply for Commercial and Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly