My client a FMCG manufacturer are recruiting a Logistics Manager to join their Supply Chain and Operations Function. This represents an excellent opportunity to join a financially stable FMCG organisation in a leadership role, offering the successful applicant the scope to make a real impact on the success of the overall business.
What you will do:
- Manage all outbound logistics to UK, European and Global customers
- Ensure order capture, order fulfilment, stock, inventory and exports meet customer KPI’s and OTIF ( On time in full ) requirements
- Manage the Stock & Inventory and B2B Customer Services teams
- Responsible for managing the 3PL Logistics provider ensuring they manage storage, order picking and despatch to UK customers
- Ensure that logistics and shipping schedules meet customers’ needs in a timely and cost effective manner
- Collaborate directly with key retail customers to minimise costs and improve profitability for both parties
- Work with finance to build up to the minute, accurate, stock reports
- Management of the annual outbound Logistics budget
- Work with 3rd party Logistics, 3PL, providers to increase stock and inventory visibility, pre-empt problems or issues and ensure the highest level of service at the lowest costs to serve
Who we are looking for:
- You MUST be able to work an remain in the UK on an indefinite /long term basis with no restrictions
- Excellent end to end supply chain knowledge: 3PL management, Stock, Inventory, Warehouse Capacity, Logistics, Distribution and Customer Service
- Your supply chain career success to date will ideally have been within a FMCG, or similar fast moving, high volume time sensitive manufacturing industry sector.
- Excel skills: Applicants must be able to analyse and manipulate pivot tables and V Look Up's to a high standard.
- Strong customs knowledge including Incoterms
- Logistics Flow management across road and sea freight operations
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or similar ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, able to lead team, collaborate with 3Pl’s and major retailers and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
What is on offer:
- Salary in the region of £55 - £65K
- A generous benefits package including: Private Health, Pension, Life Insurance etc.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting TB/7707
Langley Search & Interim (langleysearch.com) is a specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and logistics field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs
Apply for Logistics Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly