Optivo is investing technologies in procurement to help us meet the demands of the future and provide the assurances our business requires. And these will accompany new thinking in the way our role provides value to Optivo. Joining us as Procurement Manager at this formative stage presents you with a great opportunity to influence and shape how we work in the future.
As Procurement Manager you will support and direct the business in delivering specific projects from a packed schedule to achieve our strategic targets. You’ll help develop and maintain a structured supplier portfolio ensuring credentials are accurate and reflective of their capacity. As part of your role you will:
- Explore how our suppliers can better connect with us and bring broader value through relationships.
- Recruit, develop and coordinate the contribution our Resident Procurement Panel make to drive the benefits of this co-creation.
This role enables you autonomy in developing and implementing a rolling programme of contract management, spend control and performance review across the organisation
What you'll need
You’ll have developed knowledge of procurement processes and procedures with full understanding of the Public Contracts Regulation 2015. You’ll also have a clear understanding of contract terms and conditions, as well as:
- A full appreciation of how the housing sector operates
- CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supplies Operations working towards Advanced Certificate
- Excellent customer management skills with strong influencing skills and ability to work collaboratively with client and customer representatives
- Able to understand and interpret financial data – informing decisions to minimise risk and deliver efficient, value for money outcome
Shortlisting will conclude by 27th May 2021
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link on the 8th June and 10th June 2021
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.