c.£30,000 - £40,000 + benefits
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a highly regarded Construction Specialist to recruit a Buyer.
Our client is a privately owned, award winning developer with a reputation for building high quality homes. Their Head Office is commutable from Ilkley, Skipton, Keighley and the surrounding area.
This post would suit someone with expert knowledge of residential building products, strong Microsoft Excel skills and an ability to negotiate with and manage challenging suppliers.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to negotiate prices, maintain the quality/delivery of goods and follow contract compliance rules
- Draft and manage SLA’s, negotiate rebate rates and advise on business procurement strategy
- Carry out product comparisons between suppliers to deliver best value for the business
- Review and liaise with Architects and Engineers on supplier designs, place orders with suppliers and review tender enquiry packages to suppliers
- Monitor stock levels to keep wastage reduced and liaise with the Finance Administration team to ensure smooth ordering procedures are streamlined
- Reporting directly to the Finance Director, ensure that financial statements are up to date and accurate
- Experience within the Construction/Development sector is essential
- Experience of procurement/buying in a similar position is essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of regional suppliers would be advantageous