Ifor Williams Trailers (IWT) is Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at five advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. The company was established in 1958 and to date has manufactured over half a million trailers.
The wide product range includes Livestock, Horsebox, General Duty, Tipper, Plant, Flatbed, Box Van trailers, Car Transporters, and pick-up Canopies. The customer base is equally diverse, ranging from the agricultural community to the plant and commercial industry and the leisure sector.
The company's philosophy is to manufacture trailers of the highest quality that combine the latest technology with strength, durability, ease of maintenance and value for money.
As IWT look to further enhance their market presence, they are recruiting a Materials Manager to lead the Material Planning team and deliver products and services in the right quantity and at the right time.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
Key Responsibilities for a Materials Manager:
- Manage, coach and develop the Material Planning team to ensure timely sourcing of the right products and services
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure there is no disruption to manufacturing and identify opportunities for inventory reduction through new initiatives with the supply base
- Ensure MRP forecasts are reviewed in a timely manner and that Purchase Orders are placed in line with these requirements
- Ensure all materials sourced meet quality standards
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships and ensure the day to day fulfilment of supplier's contractual obligations
- Use root cause analysis, continuous improvement, and lean methodology to target improvements and achieve excellence
- Ensure planning team continue to maintain the data integrity within the MRP system
- This is a hands-on role requiring the Materials Manager to roll up their sleeves and be engrained in the day to day detail. Candidate requirements include:
- Strong understanding of MRP and Bill of Materials
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- High level of education, preferably Degree qualified