Ifor Williams Trailers (IWT) is Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at five advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. The company was established in 1958 and to date has manufactured over half a million trailers.
The wide product range includes Livestock, Horsebox, General Duty, Tipper, Plant, Flatbed, Box Van trailers, Car Transporters, and pick-up Canopies. The customer base is equally diverse, ranging from the agricultural community to the plant and commercial industry and the leisure sector.
The company's philosophy is to manufacture trailers of the highest quality that combine the latest technology with strength, durability, ease of maintenance and value for money.
At Ifor Williams Trailers we are looking for a Procurement Analyst to join our business. Our Procurement Analyst researches and interprets critical business data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve our supply chain by directly impacting business decisions. The successful candidate will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends in relation to global European and national pricing indices, existing supplier volumes, prices, KPI’S and tactical spot prices from new and emerging suppliers. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Procurement Analyst will report back to the wider business/relevant colleagues including purchasing and company directors.
This role requires strong skills in data analysis, presentation of findings and high requirement for accuracy plus the ability to understand and interpret base information and own recommendations and conclusions.
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
Minimum of 2 years in an equivalent role having developed business skills and behaviours to allow high levels of accuracy, timeliness and the ability to manage complex projects to tight timelines.
Experience of working in supply chain and or manufacturing (desirable) in order to have gained an appreciation for the expectations of high paced engineering lead business requirements.
- Degree in the following subjects; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting and Business with strong data management (Big data & Analysis)
- Experience of working in supply chain and or manufacturing (desirable) in order to have gained an appreciation for the expectations of high paced engineering lead business requirements
- Experience in data models and reporting packages - Advanced excel essential
- Other packages desirable – MRP/ ERP, other statistical software packages (probably via university studies) supply chain planning software
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports – preferably around RFQ’s and related supply chain tendering/supplier processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting to seasoned procurement professionals and company directors
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail and experience of working on tenders, supplier reviews, market analysis and presenting findings in a logical and systematic manner