Ifor Williams Trailers (IWT) is Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at five advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. The company was established in 1958 and to date has manufactured over half a million trailers.
The wide product range includes Livestock, Horsebox, General Duty, Tipper, Plant, Flatbed, Box Van trailers, Car Transporters, and pick-up Canopies. The customer base is equally diverse, ranging from the agricultural community to the plant and commercial industry and the leisure sector.
The company's philosophy is to manufacture trailers of the highest quality that combine the latest technology with strength, durability, ease of maintenance and value for money.
As IWT look to further enhance their market presence, they are recruiting a Junior Buyer to join a fast-paced and hands on procurement department.
You will have an analytical approach to your work and enjoy problem solving taking projects and your allocated accounts through the full procurement life cycle.
- Support the Buyer with any key tasks/projects.
- Responsible for sourcing and managing the existing supplier base alongside an experienced Buyer/Senior Buyer
- Working on tenders, supplier reviews, market analysis and presenting findings
- Project work contributing to process improvements.
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy across all work to enable decision making
- Ability to negotiate and stand by proposals and research/analysis when faced with price increases and changing market costs and indexes
- Experience of working in supply chain and or engineering/ manufacturing (desirable)
- Degree qualified in the following subjects; Mathematics, Economics, Business or Accounting
Skills & Experience Required
- Proficient in Excel (Advanced) and other Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of the wider team.
- Confident in communicating to all key stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and keen to progress.
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to “go the extra yard”