Professional Services Category Manager - Reading - 55-60K
Professional Services Category Manager - Leading Utilities Firm - Reading - £55-60K
I have recently engaged with a new client who are the UK's largest organisation operating in their sector, with their household utilities services reaching 15 million individuals daily.
Due to enormous expansion and transformation of the procurement function, they currently require an experienced procurement professional to cover their indirect spend category of professional services. This category covers £multi-million projects including engineering & business consultancy, audit, legal and insurance. It would be your role to set direction across these projects in sourcing, category planning and post-contract management, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders along the way.
If you are an experienced procurement professional with a strong understanding of indirect services and have a capability of successfully managing stakeholders across the whole business, this could be a fantastic next step in your career with a renowned company, who pride themselves on retaining, developing and progressing their internal talent.
This is a permanent position offering a salary ranging between £55-60K. Flexible working is offered, meaning that when Covid restrictions allow, you will be based in the HQ in Reading 2-3 days a week, with the rest being home-based.
The Professional Services Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the £100Million spend professional services category
- Leading strategy development across the sub-categories, including consultancy, audit, legal and insurance
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts whilst developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
Required Background for the Professional Services Procurement Manager:
- Demonstratable experience in the public and private sector, where you have successfully implemented change through developing and applying strategies, and are experienced with OJEU frameworks
- A good understanding of indirect procurement, with experience in buying indirect services
- A strong ability to develop and manage stakeholder engagement plans for a complex environment across multiple individuals, teams and business units
- You will demonstrate commercial excellence in market engagement, defining specifications, managing complex risks and with a strong understanding of construction delivery models.
If you are interested in applying to this exciting position, please send your CV to Molly at jobsMN@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key skills: Procurement, Category Management, Supply Chain, Indirect, professional services, remote working, Global, Strategic Sourcing, Stakeholder Management, Sourcing Manager, Procurement strategies, Procurement Project, Procurement Strategies, Strategic Sourcing, Leading, Manager, buying, category buyer, buyer, procurement buyer, procurement team, indirect procurement, indirects, indirects buyer, purchasing, Reading, Bracknell, Basingstoke, Slough, Hampshire, Maidenhead, Newbury