Procurement Manager, Kings Hill
Competitive Salary including bonus and car allowance
Due to unprecedented growth and the expansion of MiTek Mezzanine Systems Ltd across the UK and EU, the company is looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager with a Construction background with particular category management knowledge for sourcing steel and fabrication, to lead the procurement team at this busy time. The successful candidate will be expected to source and strengthen the company’s supply chain within the UK and EU through framework contracts and service level agreements.
MiTek Mezzanine Systems Ltd – part of Berkshire Hathaway – is the first global mezzanine supplier, specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions for major logistics and manufacturing centres in the UK and across Europe.
- To negotiate and put in place agreeable terms for goods and services
- Manage the everyday throughput of all purchasing activities ensuring they are expedited to best terms, quality and on time.
- To provide timely and accurate data regarding market trends, purchasing activity, spend analysis, forecasting, cost and value reconciliation.
- Regular attend site meetings to review purchasing activities with Site Team and Project Managers.
- Manage the import/export of products, compliance with customs requirements and Brexit.
- Train and develop the team to ensure improved productivity and margins across the purchasing function.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Experienced in industry relevant procurement management
- Excellent performance management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent negotiation skills
- MRP, forecasting and capacity planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to manage productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of competency in using MS Office suit to analyse, manage and report on all purchasing functions.
To be eligible for this role you will have the following qualifications:
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification
- CIPS Level 3
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Project -Advanced level, & MS suite of products
- Category management of steel, fabrication and installation essential
- Willingness to travel within the UK and EU to meet supply chain, visit sites and be contactable out of hours.
In return you will be a part of a global enterprise who pride themselves on prioritising the development and advancement of their employees. Along with a competitive salary, you can expect a generous bonus scheme, car allowance, company contributory pension scheme, paid holiday allowance including additional holiday for Christmas, a substantial reward and recognition scheme and the opportunity to be exposed to working within a global work environment.
All employees are currently working from home due to the pandemic, however this role will be based from the company’s head office once restrictions are lifted.