Head of Strategic Sourcing
The Crown Prosecution Service is at the heart of the criminal justice system in England and Wales. We are a leading voice in transforming the criminal justice system, using our legal expertise and digital capability to make the public safer and build the confidence of our diverse communities. We are expanding and developing our Commercial Function to deliver a wide-ranging, transformative commercial strategy to ensure we have the best knowledge, expertise and experience to continue to support this vital work now and in the future.
The work of the Commercial team matters. We are central to delivering the CPS vision; sourcing and managing the best suppliers to deliver the highest quality services and unlocking innovation to drive transformation in service delivery. The Commercial work is varied, diverse and most importantly delivers real and immediate impact to our services and directly supports the work of our lawyers to deliver justice for victims and witnesses.
CPS puts people at the heart of everything we do. We passionately believe in empowering and developing our Commercial team, providing the support, training and qualifications required to grow in your role. It is important to us to recruit from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds, bringing different perspectives, experiences and diversity of thought that adds wealth to our culture.
This is an exciting time to join the Commercial Leadership Team as we develop and implement our commercial strategy. The function is changing and you will have the ability to directly influence how we deliver our services, how we are governed and how we interact with our key stakeholders to ensure that Commercial can add real value to CPS delivery and transformation. You will join an empowered, collaborative, engaging and friendly leadership team who work in partnership together to achieve service excellence.
Please note that this role can be based in any CPS Office location, however there is an expectation that successful candidates are willing to travel to York / London as and when required.
This is a crucial role not only within the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT) but also working across both internal and external stakeholders to lead on all aspects of strategic sourcing activities, from insourcing business critical systems to outsourcing of complex requirements. This role is pivotal in developing our strategic sourcing expertise, embedding the Cabinet Office Outsourcing Playbook into our complex commercial delivery and establishing key concepts such as make/buy assessment, benefits realisation, scenario planning, risk allocation and pricing mechanisms with our key internal customers. This role will work closely with the Head of Contract Transformation and Head of Category to ensure that major transformation projects and roadmaps for our business critical systems have the appropriate sourcing strategies in place to support changes in delivery models.
This role will lead cultural and behavioural change within the organisation to maximise CPS’s commercial leverage and buying power for its most complex requirements. This will require senior stakeholder engagement to influence process change within other CPS departments as well as actively contributing to the Commercial Strategy, policy and governance frameworks. This role will manage the Commercial Finance Manager and will work in partnership with Finance to ensure that the right financial checks, controls and commercial mechanisms are in place for all insourcing and outsourcing activities. It will be imperative to develop strong relationships with other government departments, GDS, Cabinet Office and Justice partners to ensure we are leading in the implementation of best practice.
• Lead the delivery of strategic sourcing activities, ensuring they are carried out with the commercial governance framework and deliver high quality outcomes, value for money, appropriately allocate risk between the supplier and CPS and provide for benefits realisation throughout the contract lifecycle.
• Provide expert advice to senior stakeholders, internal customers and commercial colleagues on strategic sourcing (insourcing and outsourcing), make and buy decisions, pricing mechanisms, risk allocation and routes to market.
• Using their specialist knowledge, contribute to the development and delivery of commercial strategy and business planning, working with SLT colleagues to identify ways to improve systems and structures to deliver strategic sourcing.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, to take a lead role in the commercial function to provide leadership for strategic sourcing, outsourcing playbook and commercial finance activities to include commercial controls and reviews, programme management, strategic sourcing methodology and managing resources both direct and indirect across the team, including directly managing the Commercial Finance Manager.
• Keep up to date with the procurement policy landscape to ensure that our service meets all regulatory requirements, leading on implementing Social Value and the Outsourcing Playbook across the Commercial function. This will also involve establishing and maintaining networks to keep up to date with cross government best practice.
• Negotiate with key suppliers as part of complex procurement delivery to ensure that CPS obtain the most advantageous commercial position and managing risk for CPS.
• Engage with the market and Crown Commercial Service to ensure that the most appropriate routes to market are identified for our complex and strategic sourcing requirements.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Contracts Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Procurement Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Supply chain Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Category management Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO