Head of Inlife Contract Transformation
The Crown Prosecution Service is at the heart of the criminal justice system in England and Wales. We are a leading voice in transforming the criminal justice system, using our legal expertise and digital capability to make the public safer and build the confidence of our diverse communities. We are expanding and developing our Commercial Function to deliver a wide-ranging, transformative commercial strategy to ensure we have the best knowledge, expertise and experience to continue to support this vital work now and in the future.
The work of the Commercial team matters. We are central to delivering the CPS vision; sourcing and managing the best suppliers to deliver the highest quality services and unlocking innovation to drive transformation in service delivery. The Commercial work is varied, diverse and most importantly delivers real and immediate impact to our services and directly supports the work of our lawyers to deliver justice for victims and witnesses.
CPS puts people at the heart of everything we do. We passionately believe in empowering and developing our Commercial team, providing the support, training and qualifications required to grow in your role. It is important to us to recruit from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds, bringing different perspectives, experiences and diversity of thought that adds wealth to our culture.
This is an exciting time to join the Commercial Leadership Team as we develop and implement our commercial strategy. The function is changing and you will have the ability to directly influence how we deliver our services, how we are governed and how we interact with our key stakeholders to ensure that Commercial can add real value to CPS delivery and transformation. You will join an empowered, collaborative, engaging and friendly leadership team who work in partnership together to achieve service excellence.
Please note that this role can be based in any CPS office location, however successful candidates must be prepared to travel to York / London as and when required.
This is a pivotal role not only within the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT) but also working across both internal and external stakeholders to lead the commercial aspects of our major transformational programmes. This role is critical in developing Commercial processes to manage major transformation for inlife contracts, working closely with CPS change teams for exit and implementation of largescale contracts, including insourcing of services. This includes leading commercial activity on major digital transformation programmes across our Government Justice partners. Working closely with Head of Strategic Sourcing and Head of Contract Management, this role will also deliver roadmaps for change for our critical, long term contractual requirements (such as ERP, learning and development and finance systems).
This role will lead cultural and behavioural change within the organisation to maximise CPS’s strategic and operational effectiveness for its highest impact contracts. This will require stakeholder engagement to influence process change as well as actively contributing to the Commercial Strategy, policy and governance frameworks. As an subject matter expert role, there is currently no direct line management however, this position will need to influence the Commercial team delivery and will be able to access resources across the team to support delivery outcomes.
• Lead on the delivery of the commercial programme management to support major contractual transformation and change, reporting to senior leaders on progress, risk, and future requirements to enable effective planning.
• Produce commercial programme and project management plans using recognised tools to ensure that delivery is kept within timescales, manage risks and record decisions embedding these processes within the Commercial team.
• Represent Commercial on programme boards, influencing programme delivery to embed commercial policy across CPS and ensuring commercial considerations are embedded within transition projects.
• Using their specialist knowledge, contribute to the development and delivery of commercial strategy and business planning, leading and/or implementing aspects of the strategy
• Influence senior internal stakeholders to engage Commercial early with all major transformation and change programmes and projects to ensure effective advice is provided at the most appropriate time in the commercial lifecycle, providing advice to the business on commercial governance and policy compliance.
• Work closely and negotiating with key suppliers to lead and manage key transformational activities, managing risk, contractual obligations and performance to ensure business continuity in times of change.
• Establish and maintain positive and effective networks and working relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, including Crown Commercial Service (CCS), Government Digital Service (GDS), GCF, Cabinet Office, Other Government Departments (OGDs) and professional bodies to share and implement best practice.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Contracts Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Procurement Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Supply chain Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Category management Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO