Commercial Contract Manager
The Crown Prosecution Service is at the heart of the criminal justice system in England and Wales. We are a leading voice in transforming the criminal justice system, using our legal expertise and digital capability to make the public safer and build the confidence of our diverse communities. We are expanding and developing our Commercial Function to deliver a wide-ranging, transformative commercial strategy to ensure we have the best knowledge, expertise and experience to continue to support this vital work now and in the future.
The work of the Commercial team matters. We are central to delivering the CPS vision; sourcing and managing the best suppliers to deliver the highest quality services and unlocking innovation to drive transformation in service delivery. The Commercial work is varied, diverse and most importantly delivers real and immediate impact to our services and directly supports the work of our lawyers to deliver justice for victims and witnesses. Commercial are embedded in major transformation programmes that provide exciting opportunities to deliver complex commercial outcomes.
CPS puts people at the heart of everything we do. We passionately believe in empowering and developing our Commercial team, providing the support, training and qualifications required to grow in your role. It is important to us to recruit from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds, bringing different perspectives, experiences and diversity of thought that adds wealth to our culture. It is an exciting time to join the CPS Commercial Function. These roles provide you with the opportunity to be at the heart of our transformation and make a real contribution to our future Commercial strategy. You will work with global suppliers, internal experts and passionate colleagues to deliver the best solutions for our world-leading services.
This role, operating in a fast-paced environment within the newly formed Contract Management team, will primarily support the management of strategic relationships with external suppliers delivering large-scale, multi-dependent, complex contracts, including both digital and non-digital services. We are seeking an individual who will bring their experience of operating within a complex contracting environment along with their desire to build strong relationships through strategic relationship management.
Please note that this role can be based in any CPS office location, however successful candidates must be prepared to travel to York / London as and when required.
To provide a professional commercial support service to our internal clients. This will include but is not limited to supplier financial standing assessments, providing advice on contractual matters, contract performance analysis, contractual obligations tracking and reporting on risks and issues.
Responsible for contract managing a portfolio of medium-low risk contracts, attending and leading review meetings, analysis of monthly management information, contractual dispute resolution, and managing supplier performance to achieve savings targets.
You will be expected to operative within the Contract Management Framework (CPS commercial policy), utilising the tools and governance guides detailed within.
Developing and utilising relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome from service delivery arrangements.
- Provide procurement and contract management advice to suppliers, internal stakeholders and peers in relation to goods and services, pro-actively engaging with them to resolve disputes and develop future plans.
- Establish relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve emerging issues where practical or escalate them where complexities arise, providing suggestions for progression and following through to conclusion as delegated by management.
- Regularly review procedures or systems with teams to identify improvements and simplify processes and decision making.
- Be willing to meet the challenges of difficult or complex changes, encouraging and supporting others to do the same.
- Deputising for Lead Commercial Contract Manager
- There may be line management responsibility for contract administration personnel