Value Match are supporting a private sector procurement consultancy to appoint a Category Manager. This is a permanent opportunity based in Warrington with the option for homeworking, with a salary of between £27,000 - £32,000 on offer.
The successful candidate will support the Senior Category Manager in the delivery of the category strategy plans and management of category spend to agreed timescales. To achieve the committed level of savings whilst, promoting best in class Procurement and the highest ethical and professional conduct behaviours to the end client. You will also be responsible for undertaking customer procurement activities, and to support and input into developing and implementing Purchasing Strategy and Policy including compliance to Public Procurement rules; use of technology platforms to facilitate electronic tendering and use of Internet to improve customer compliance.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading the delivery of multiple strategic sourcing and/or category management projects which could be focused on any or all of Technology and Equipment, Products, Services and Solutions
- Working knowledge of Public Sector Procurement Rules including OJEU process
- Evidence of professional developing including relevant degree or CIPS qualification
- Able to build and develop effective stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge and experience within healthcare procurement categories - desirable