Procurement Manager - Sustainable Environment
Value Match are supporting a Local Government customer to appoint a Procurement Manager specifically looking at Sustainable Environment on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with a salary of up to £38,000. The role is remote working with a minimum of 1 day and maximum of 2 days based in the office within Chelmsford, Essex.
This organisation's environmental ambitions are challenging, reaching net zero by 2035, which will involve driving down carbon emissions through the supply chain and supporting local businesses in their net zero ambitions. This role will help to deliver these services for the future, working on new and innovative projects with colleagues directly responsible for delivering services. The Procurement team operate across a wide range of categories and we are looking for someone who can add value across the full department, leading the way to sustainable procurement processes.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of climate change issues, opportunities and challenges, with an understanding of current legislation and national / international energy policy, environment, carbon reduction, climate change or sustainability policy issues alongside procurement regulations and processes.
Candidates applying must have the following:
- Knowledge of category management and experience of using this methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements.
- A demonstrable track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements in large, strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
- Knowledge of contract law and legislation relevant to the specific category / categories within their control and its impact on market management, finance and contractual arrangements.
- Extensive knowledge of public sector procurement law and processes