Employment: Fixed Term until March 2023 (with the potential to be extended in line with grant funding)
Closing Date: 16th June 2021 (BlueLight Commercial reserves the right to close this job advert early if sufficient numbers of applications are received or if application numbers exceed expectations. We recommend applying as early as possible to avoid disappointment)
To Apply: Submit your CV AND a cover letter, addressing concisely the required criteria
When you join BlueLight Commercial you will be part of a great ambition to transform together as a high performing team.
Do you want to work in a fast paced, new company that is driven by a strong purpose, mission and vision, where you will have the opportunity to be involved in strategic projects that impact policing and creates value for the public? A company where you can learn new tools, methodologies and build your skills and experience?
Then BlueLight Commercial is a great choice for you!
BlueLight Commercial is a home based, agile organisation that is passionate about development and believe that the most innovative ideas come from diverse teams with different backgrounds who can bring their own ideas and experience to help drive the organisation forwards. Check out further details on our website.
BlueLight Commercial is an equal opportunities employer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Commercial team managing a portfolio covering multiple categories which will include taking the lead on the management of high profile and complex commercial activities across blue light services. You will closely support senior management with, or personally lead on, specific work steams, making data led decisions to support a culture of efficiency, high performance and continuous improvement.
As a Commercial Manager at BlueLight Commercial you will also be responsible for delivering maximum value via commercial activities, influencing commercial strategy and demonstrating positive stakeholder management. You will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, advising others as a Commercial professional and being seen as a knowledgeable expert.
You will support the wider BlueLight Commercial team with procurement and contract management activities across all pillars as required to support fluctuations in workload, taking a proactive and best practice approach to the work you deliver.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paces, dynamic team in a constantly evolving organisation.
- Work with stakeholders to identify issues and understand expectations to develop and deliver best commercial options, gaining commitment at each stage of the commercial lifecycle activities
- To manage stakeholder relationships with professionalism and tact to facilitate the transition from old ways of working and to adopt the new ones, mitigating and risks, concerns and issues
- Providing on-the-ground overall commercial support for planning, implementation and monitoring of BlueLight Commercial led initiatives and activities
- Preparation of strategic plans, and facilitating/delivering it or making recommendations for action to stakeholders, ensuring adherence to EU procurement regulations and Government policy
- Leading and evaluating complex competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services for blue light services
- Leading contract and supplier management programmes including leading on supply chain improvement projects and supporting complex negotiations
- Work with financial processes and tools to evaluate options and ensure financial information and data are accurately reflected in commercial plans
- Ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and security requirements in service delivery and build diversity, equality and social value considerations into plans
- Strong academic record – degree level is preferable (ideally in a commercial field)
- CIPS qualified
- Strong organisational skills with extensive procurement, project management and implementation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Analytically minded and the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems
- Experience in sourcing, implementing and managing new contracts and ways of working, including change management techniques
- Resilient and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A dedication to teamwork and collaboration
- Desire to learn and develop into the role
- Drive to continuously build and master commercial and procurement skills
- Enthusiastic with high level of self-motivation
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong core numerously skills
- Proven success in leading a full end-to-end procurement cycle
- An ability to achieve Government Commercial Function (GCF) accreditation to Commercial Lead level
- Delivery of large, complex changes within the public sector or a large private sector organisation
- Experience of working as part of a multisite organisation or regional team
Along with a salary of £40,000 to £55,000 you will also receive a 12% pension contribution and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays. All our roles are home based and you will be provided with all the equipment needed to undertake your role, this includes items such as a laptop, phone, desk, chair etc.
Successful applicants will be subject to appropriate medical screening and vetting. As part of the vetting process you must be able to satisfy the following:
- Employment eligibility (right to work in the UK)
- Residency qualification (Meaning that you must have a 3 year 'checkable history' in the UK, ideally meaning you have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years)