Senior Procurement Consultant
Senior Procurement Consultant
Full-time, 37 hours per week
Braintree District Council operates a shared procurement service known as the Essex Procurement Hub for a number of local authorities across the county of Essex.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Procurement professional, with a successful track record of leading and providing advice on procurement activity at all stages, to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be required to:
- Lead & provide advice on procurement activity at all stages; including supplier identification & qualification, tender process and contract award.
- Take a lead role for procurement on behalf of the council(s) you are assigned to manage; including taking a proactive approach to service spend; recognise areas for improvement and lead on recommendations; champion best practise procurement and represent the authority by providing high quality and professional support at all times.
- Assist our members in developing procurement and contract strategies, taking the procurement lead on identified contracts, identify, deliver and drive improvements in the procurement approach in order that the service we provide is robust and of a high quality.
- Support the development and implementation of contract management and performance monitoring for strategic, corporate and other projects and contracts, including supplier management and stakeholder compliance.
- Undertake market, product, and supplier analysis, to establish a base of knowledge about existing and potential opportunities / requirements.
- Assist in the undertaking & letting of national procurement frameworks for use by all UK public bodies.
- Lead on the contract and supplier management of the suppliers contracted under our national frameworks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant professional procurement qualification (Level 6 MCIPS or equivalent).
- Experience and knowledge in the use and delivery of up to date and professional procurement techniques (preferably in the public sector environment).
- Knowledge and experience of EU procurement directives
- A demonstrable commitment to providing a high quality and professional service to customers.
- Experience of delivering cost reduction and cashable savings through use of appropriate sourcing, contract management and supplier management tools and techniques.
Further details can be found in the Job Profile.
Why choose Braintree District Council?
We're ambitious, innovative, have great people and a strong stable leadership.
We are one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England. As a Council our role is as a guardian of the place and its people, where residents live well in healthy and resilient communities, a well-connected district with high-quality homes delivered with the infrastructure and a place which attracts and provides good employment opportunities.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Paula Jarvis, Senior Procurement Consultant on 01376 551414.
To apply, please click 'apply'
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Thursday 17 June 2021
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 21 June 2021