Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Salary: £38,978 - £46,845
Commercial Services is a relatively new service, bringing together commercial functions relating to procurement, contract and supplier relationship management. We have ambitions to become a top performing commercial function moving forward as part of a wider transformation programme that will also see the inclusion of Capital projects within Commercial Services. We are interested in applicants who want to be part of this ambitious and transformational journey.
We are seeking 2 Strategic Sourcing Specialists to join our Strategic Sourcing Teams.
The primary category areas that these posts will support are:
- People – with a focus on categories of spend which support the effective delivery of Adult Social Care, Wellbeing and Public Health and Together for Families functions, focussing on a range of statutory and complex service requirements across these directorate areas
- Organisation – with a focus on categories of spend which support both an effective corporate centre and the delivery of corporate support services across the organisation including Professional Services, Consultancy and Temporary Labour and ICT
Therefore, we would particularly welcome applications from candidates with procurement and purchasing experience in these category areas.
Leading on the most complex commercial activities of the Council, the Strategic Sourcing Team is responsible for;
- development and implementation of category management plans
- development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- undertaking compliant and effective complex and challenging procurements
The activities of this team will be aligned closely to the priorities of the Council’s directorates. It will be expected to support the Business Plan and Medium Term Financial Strategy of the Council. This will be through the delivery of an improved value proposition.
The postholders will report to the relevant Strategic Sourcing Manager.
The successful applicants will have;
- Relevant professional qualification and / or membership of a relevant professional body- Ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent, or a willingness to commence study for such a qualification.
- Comprehensive and sustained experience in a commercial, contractual or financial environment setting in either the public or/ and private sector (Financial, Procurement or Contract Management).
- A track record of successful change management, implementing and delivering new working policies and practices alongside significant cultural and structural change that deliver improved services for customers / service users in a more efficient way.
- Comprehensive procurement and contract management knowledge and experience (internal and industry insight).
Fairness and inclusion are at the heart of our vision for Cornwall. In order to best serve our communities, we are striving to achieve a diverse workforce that is inclusive of all backgrounds, cultures and identities; e.g. race, disability, sex, gender, age, religion and sexual orientation. We are an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, and we will assess applicants on their merits.
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and following safer recruitment principles to help make sure our staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children, young people and adults at risk. It’s a vital part of creating a safe and positive environment and making a commitment to keeping all service users safe from harm.
Whilst the location/work-base for this role has been specified, the current Government guidance around social distancing and our evolving ways of working means that the role may require you to also work remotely (e.g. from home/other locations). We will discuss this with you during the recruitment process
Closing Date: 21st June 2021
Link to job: http://d.rfer.us/CORNWALL4fP1BO