Supplier Relationship and Contract Specialist
Supplier Relationship and Contract Specialist
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Salary: £38,978 - £46,845
Commercial Services is a relatively new service, bringing together commercial functions relating to procurement, contract and supplier relationship management. We have ambitions to become a top performing commercial function moving forward as part of a wider transformation programme that will also see the inclusion of Capital projects within Commercial Services. We are interested in applicants who want to be part of this ambitious and transformational journey.
We are seeking Supplier Relationship and Contract Specialists to join our Contracts and Supplier Relationship Management Team.
There are two roles that we are looking to fill, one role supporting the corporate centre (Organisation) and one role primarily supporting adult social care (People).
Organisation – with a focus on categories of spend which support both an effective corporate centre and the delivery of corporate support services across the organisation including Professional Services, Consultancy and Temporary Labour, Facilities Management and ICT
People – the main area of focus is to provide commercial and contract management support to the adult social care and together for families directorates. These are very important and high profile areas helping to ensure the needs of vulnerable adults and children are addressed, often through very close relationships with our partners and agencies.
Therefore, we would particularly welcome applications from candidates with contract management and supplier relationship management experience in these category areas.
Leading on the most complex contractual arrangements held by the Council, the Contract and Supplier Relationship Management Team is responsible for;
- Providing professional support and advice, ensuring all commercial issues/contractual changes are negotiated effectively, that the contracts are delivering the specified level of performance and that key risks such as safeguarding and data protection are adequately addressed.
- Ensuring the proactive and effective management of the Council's Strategic and Critical Contracts in line with the Corporate Contract Management Toolkit.
- Leading on the annual strategic contract reviews for strategic contracts ensuring opportunities for close collaboration are developed with senior stakeholders.
- Lead on the implementation of a Supplier Relationship Management approach across the relevant Categories
The activities of this team will be aligned closely to the priorities of the Council’s directorates. It will be expected to support the Business Plan and Medium Term Financial Strategy of the Council. This will be through the delivery of an improved value proposition.
The postholders will report to the Contracts and Supplier Relationship Manager.
The successful applicants will have;
- Relevant professional qualification and / or membership of a relevant professional body- Ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent, or a willingness to commence study for such a qualification.
- Experience of working in a commercial, contractual or financial environment setting in either the public or/ and private sector (Financial, Procurement or Contract Management).
- A track record of successful change management, implementing and delivering new working policies and practices alongside significant cultural and structural change that deliver improved services for customers / service users in a more efficient way.
- Comprehensive procurement and contract management knowledge and experience (internal and industry insight).
- Great stakeholder management skills and able to build relationships at all levels - you will be working with lots of like-minded people to create solutions to meet the needs of our residents.
- Drive and commitment, we often have to work quickly and effectively to deliver the right result.
- Organisational skills, in a fast moving environment it is important to know what is happening tomorrow, next month and next year. Forward planning is the key.
- Desire to make a difference, there is no doubt the role will enable you to make a positive difference to your colleagues and to the people of Cornwall
Fairness and inclusion are at the heart of our vision for Cornwall. In order to best serve our communities, we are striving to achieve a diverse workforce that is inclusive of all backgrounds, cultures and identities; e.g. race, disability, sex, gender, age, religion and sexual orientation. We are an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, and we will assess applicants on their merits.
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and following safer recruitment principles to help make sure our staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children, young people and adults at risk. It’s a vital part of creating a safe and positive environment and making a commitment to keeping all service users safe from harm.
Whilst the location/work-base for this role has been specified, the current Government guidance around social distancing and our evolving ways of working means that the role may require you to also work remotely (e.g. from home/other locations). We will discuss this with you during the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 21st June 2021
Link to job: http://d.rfer.us/CORNWALLOIS1BP