Senior Purchasing Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working in partnership with Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT), one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK. They are responsible for running a family of ten hospitals across seven separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join MFT’s Procurement and Finance Business Unit. There will be a number of large scale transformational projects to look at after MFT’s merger with North Manchester General Hospital and this role will involve you playing a key role in its redevelopment along with A&E and many other sites. You will also be responsible for seeking out savings to contribute to the overall CIP target, whilst you will also be responsible for analysing procurement processes and how they can be improved in the future.
Duties will include;
- Leading on the procurement of capital equipment and managing expenditure for various projects
- Managing a team of Purchasing professionals to deliver Trust savings targets
- Drive change and promote new ideas to key stakeholders to contribute to strategic aims of the organisation
- Developing strong procurement processes with a key focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Contributing to large-scale strategic initiatives; taking charge of your own project portfolio
- Lead on large scale/high-value tendering processes and prepare business cases that include cost analysis and written reports for Senior Executives within the trust
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Support procurement and management of lease, equipment maintenance and MES contracts
- Ensure VfM is achieved when purchasing to equip new wards effectively
The successful Senior Purchasing Manager:
- MCIPS or equivalent level of relevant experience
- Knowledge of similar categories or previous experience in a large complex organisation
- Able to identify successes in delivering savings
- Previous experience of operating at senior level within Procurement
For further information on applying, contacts for an informal discussion or access to the job description please follow the link below:
Please note that direct approaches and speculative CV's will be directed to Castlefield Recruitment to be included in the recruitment process.
Apply for Senior Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly