Closing date: 24th June 2021 at midnight
If you are a procurement professional with sound knowledge of the housing sector and a strong understanding of Public Contracts Regulation 2015, now is the time to consider joining Optivo as a Procurement Manager.
Optivo is a vibrant and inclusive business supporting over 45,000 families in London and the South of England. We’ve an ambitious new home development programme and are leading the sector in our response to fire remedial measures, net carbon zero and social value.
We’re investing technologies in procurement to help us meet the demands of the future and provide the assurances our business requires in the purchasing process. These investments will accompany new thinking in the way our role provides value to Optivo. They also support our agile ways of working and the flexibility we need in meeting today’s challenges. You’ll be joining our Procurement Team in a key role at this formative stage, alongside a number of Procurement Business Partners and Administrators, which will present you with a great opportunity to influence and shape how we work in the future, while also providing you with exciting career opportunities.
As Procurement Manager you will support and direct the business in delivering specific projects to ensure we achieve our strategic targets. You’ll help develop and maintain a structured supplier portfolio ensuring credentials are accurate and reflective of their capacity, and as part of your role you will:
- Explore how our suppliers can better connect with us and bring broader value through relationships.
- Recruit, develop and coordinate the contribution our Resident Procurement Panel make to drive the benefits of this co-creation.
This exciting and versatile role will provide you the autonomy you’ll need in developing and implementing a rolling programme of contract management, spend control and performance review across the organisation.
What you'll need
You’ll have developed knowledge of procurement processes and procedures with full understanding of the Public Contracts Regulation 2015. You’ll also have a clear understanding of contract terms and conditions, as well as:
- A CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supplies Operations working towards Advanced Certificate, combined with a full appreciation of how the housing sector operates.
- Excellent customer management skills with strong influencing skills and ability to work collaboratively with client and customer representatives.
- Able to understand and interpret financial data – informing decisions to minimise risk and deliver efficient, value for money outcomes.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24 June 2021 at midnight
Please can you ensure that you complete the application questions as Hiring Managers will not have visibility of your CV upon application.