Procurement Officer – Newcastle - £21,00 - £26,000 + Benefits
Castlefield Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer to join a Public Sector organisation in Newcastle. This role is a permanent opportunity with an excellent benefits package on offer.
The organisation offers agile/flexible working arrangements as standard, but this post will require presence onsite 2 days a week initially to meet stakeholder requirements.
This position would be ideally suited to someone with experience of tendering, an ability to negotiate with stakeholders and previous Public Sector experience.
- Provide an efficient and effective professional procurement service to meet the needs of internal stakeholders and client departments
- Assist in Corporate Procurement activities ensuring compliance with Standing Orders, Utilities Procurement Legislation and over threshold Procurement Legislation
- Develop market and category knowledge for a range of goods and services
- Provide support in the timely execution of tender documentation
- Maintain a central procurement tender and contract register
- Identify improvements with tender documentation and process
- Experience of purchasing in a Public Sector environment is essential
- Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Proficient with MS Office and Excel
Apply for Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly