Procurement Business Partner
This is an excellent chance to join a progressive procurement function
Unrivalled package (pension & holidays) + competitive salary
About Our Client
Greater Manchester is one of the country's most successful city-regions. Home to more than 2.8 million people and with an economy bigger than that of Wales or Northern Ireland. Their vision is to make Greater Manchester one of the best places in the world to grow up, get on and grow old. GMCA getting there through a combination of economic growth, and the reform of public services.
What do GMCA do?
The GMCA gives local people more control over issues that affect their area. It means the region speaks with one voice and can make a strong case for resources and investment. It helps the entire north of England achieve its full potential.
- Provide proactive, responsive procurement services to GMCA and partners supporting the delivery of key, strategic procurement activity across the organisation.
- Through a business partnering approach, undertake specific procurement activity to ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes for internal stakeholders and customers, ensuring compliant, effective and efficient procurement processes are in place and widely used, and supporting the delivery of key, strategic procurement activity across the organisation.
- Adopt a category management approach to procurement activity, researching and planning preferred options and approaches to contract and tender management, developing business plans for both capital and revenue expenditure.
- Support high-profile, complex procurement projects to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget and according to agreed specifications. Undertake the negotiation and management of strategic contracts, both capital and revenue and support the contract management arrangements for critical areas of spend.
- Develop category plans to ensure that procurement and associated contracts are appropriately aligned to corporate objectives, delivering measurable and tangibles financial and operational benefits.
- Ensure compliance with national / EU legal requirements and all requirements relating to the delivery of projects in line with Public Procurement Regulations as required, utilising proactive various routes to market to deliver the most appropriate approach for that contract type.
The Successful Applicant
Education, qualifications and associations
- Educated to degree level in relevant area or equivalent experience
- Educated to Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent as a minimum.
Essential Knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of corporate governance, financial, risk and environmental management, strategic planning and programme management principles and practice
- Knowledge of the national, regional and local political operating climate of the FRS within the context of the Governments' devolution / modernisation agenda
- Record of successful achievement in procurement and contract management, and effective and experienced in procurement and contract management in a public sector organisation.
Essential Skills & Behaviours
- Strongly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, proven ability to inspire confidence at all levels of the organisation, and highly developed communications skills with different audiences with a variety of methods
- Ability to generate and implement new ideas, alternative options and develop realistic and practical solutions
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with suppliers, clients, customers and colleagues
- Experience of analysing and interpreting complex information and communicating it appropriately to a range of stakeholders
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to gain market leading procurement training towards MCIPS. Competitive salary on offer (£32,234 - £35,745) with local government pension and generous holidays. Please get in touch for more questions around the package.