Senior Procurement Business Partner
This is an excellent chance to join a progressive procurement function
Unrivalled package (pension & holidays) + competitive salary
About Our Client
Greater Manchester is one of the country's most successful city-regions. Home to more than 2.8 million people and with an economy bigger than that of Wales or Northern Ireland. Their vision is to make Greater Manchester one of the best places in the world to grow up, get on and grow old. GMCA getting there through a combination of economic growth, and the reform of public services.
What do GMCA do?
The GMCA gives local people more control over issues that affect their area. It means the region speaks with one voice and can make a strong case for resources and investment. It helps the entire north of England achieve its full potential.
- Support the delivery of effective commercial operations, through effective delivery of procurement and contract management arrangements across GMCA and on a collaborative basis as required.
- Through a business partnering approach, actively lead on and manage specific procurement activity to ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes for internal stakeholders and customers, ensuring compliant, effective and efficient procurement processes are in place and widely used, and supporting the delivery of key, strategic procurement activity across the organisation.
- Adopt a category management approach to procurement activity, researching and planning preferred options and approaches to contract and tender management, developing business plans for both capital and revenue expenditure.
- Enhance the abilities, capability and capacity of team members through supervising, managing, coaching and mentoring team members and the projects in which they are involved
- Ensure compliance with national / EU legal requirements and all requirements relating to the delivery of projects in line with Public Procurement Regulations as required
- Originate, champion and lead on initiatives for change in order to deliver efficient, innovative, sustainable and ethical procurement systems to support and improve business delivery
- Lead on the development and improvement of the current contract management arrangements and ensure that contract management protocol is embedded within the current team and organisation generally, including the creation and ongoing management of a strategic contracts database
The Successful Applicant
Essential Knowledge and Experience required:
Education, qualifications and associations:
- Educated to degree level in relevant area or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Full membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (MCIPS) through examination route. Educated to Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent as a minimum.
Essential Knowledge and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of corporate governance, financial, risk and environmental management, strategic planning and programme management principles and practice
- Record of successful achievement in procurement and contract management, and effective and experienced in procurement and contract management in a public sector organisation.
- Detailed working knowledge of legislative requirements, including EU Public procurement regulations.
Essential Skills & Behaviours
- Strongly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, proven ability to inspire confidence at all levels of the organisation, and highly developed communications skills with different audiences with a variety of methods
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with suppliers, clients, customers and colleagues
- Experience of analysing and interpreting complex information and communicating it appropriately to a range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including report writing, presentation and facilitation, able to advise / influence at all levels.
What's on Offer
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) Procurement & Commercial services function with a competitive salary (£41,881 - £45,859) with a local government pension & generous holiday package.