Strategic Relationships Manager
AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation innovations and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
In 2016 Airtanker also successfully launched into the commercial leasing market and has quickly built a reputation for integrity, professionalism and flexibility amongst our customers.
As we change and grow, we continue to place a major emphasis on the quality of our people. We look to recruit candidates who can demonstrate the same passion, flexibility and motivation that we do. We are a unique and complex airline and are looking for people who will thrive in this environment.
We are proud to invest in our people and wellbeing and to be a diverse and inclusive employer.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you make!
For more information on AirTanker, please visit our website: www.AirTanker.co.uk
Strategic Relationships Manager – Rolls Royce
Purpose of the Role
Deliver Operational Relationship Management of the Rolls Royce PSC.
Role Focus: Operational & Financial Performance and development & management of the AirTanker ‘Engine Management’ Process from a Commercial & Supply Chain perspective
- CIPS Level 5 or 6 Diploma, or MCIPS
- Experience of performance managing and developing sub-contracts within a services business
- Experience in at least one of the following industries: Aerospace, Engineering, Defence and/ or IT
- Procurement and sub-contract management in at least one of the following: IT Services (e.g. Software, Hardware, Applications and Mobile) or Training Services (e.g. In house solutions Inc. Flight Simulator and EASA Part 147
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with significant suppliers, internal customers/stakeholders, and external customers.
- Experience of optimising a £multi-million supply chain within a services business environment
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Commitment and ability to meet deadlines
- Evidence of the application of IT Tools to significantly improve personal efficiency
- Highly organised – able to document, handle, prioritise, and deal with a high volume of projects and tasks
- Highly customer-focussed
- Stakeholder mapping internally and externally (Rolls Royce & AirTanker)
- Build and maintain strong and effective working relationships with Rolls Royce, internal customers and stakeholders, to ensure the open and accurate exchange of information and a joint, proactive approach
- Provide a professional and customer-focussed commercial, procurement and sub-contract management service
- Ensure that operational contacts and processes are established between internal customers and suppliers and that these are working effectively
- Provide consultancy to internal stakeholders on interpreting supplier agreements
- Understand customer and PSC needs, and constraints, and develop plans to address them. Also use this knowledge to strategically plan
- Interface with internal stakeholders to understand and manage existing, new and emerging issues
- Resolve complaints quickly and effectively
- Support the engagement with the Growth Board from an engine management perspective
- Gain and maintain solid knowledge of PSC services, contracted requirements and competitive landscape relevant tto growth
- Deliver the scoping, tendering, selection, contracting and order placement processes: Source, evaluate and select suppliers to support the business where relevant to engine management; ensure that procurement strategies that add value are implemented; negotiate supplier contracts and agree preferential terms for engine support of AirTanker’s business needs; generate spend analysis, acting to reduce future spend as a result
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships to ensure the open and accurate exchange of information and a joint, pro-active approach
- Provide a contractual interface between AirTanker Services and the Rolls Royce PSC
- Maximise performance and value
- Monitor, evaluate and manage operational and financial performance
- Manage contract change, assisting or leading the negotiation activity as required
- Monitor and manage requirements to ensure that services are state of the art, and provide continued value for money. Future proof the contract as required
- Implement a monthly performance review, include TOR’s and reviewers with action plans for continued monitoring and completion of key actions. This will feed the required Business Stream monthly reviews
- Develop, optimise and continually improve management and procedures in accordance with ISO9001, 14001 and best practice
- Deputise where required for the Senior Supply Chain Manager – Strategic Relationships
- Adopt, embrace and demonstrate the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Be personally responsible for delivering a safe service in all facets of the role in line with the requirements of the AirTanker Services SMS, Quality and Environmental Management Systems. This includes maintaining awareness of the company safety and quality policies and the applicable hazard analysis
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
- Annual bonus scheme (eligibility in current year subject to bonus rules)
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Income Protection
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Local Gym Discount
- Plane Saver (Credit Union)
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please click on apply below to register and complete your application.
Note to recruitment agencies: AirTanker operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate details in response to this advert, or to any AirTanker employees.