Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) Commercial Manager
The Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) Category Team works in partnership with the DDaT business area to meet user needs in providing trusted advice on best route to market and award mechanism. They do this through understanding user needs to determine how to drive value, use lessons learned from other stakeholders to inform value decisions, set clear and achievable timelines, and communicate effectively on barriers to success.
The purpose of the Commercial Manager is to develop relationships and build partnerships based on shared objectives that support the delivery of Government priorities.
This Commercial Manager role will require cross functional working with DIT.
corporate business areas such as finance and business services, and other government units and executive agencies such as Government Digital Services and Crown Commercial Services. Although the job holder is assigned to a stakeholder
management role in a specific business unit, they will be expected to support other business units or to undertake procurement responsibilities as required to support fluctuations in workload.
Job description and Responsibilities
• The Commercial Manager for DDaT will be working in partnership with DIT business units to ensure that the department can continue to deliver its strategic and operational objectives and improve performance on Digital, Data and Technology portfolio of contracts to deliver value and manage risk over the full lifecycle.
• Lead engagement with DDaT stakeholders to drive a DIT collaborative approach to deliver the business outcomes.
• Support management and operating structures for the team – ensuring robust project plan/systems/processes in place (reporting, MI, financial mechanisms) to ensure delivery of actions and appropriate governance.
• Developing and implementing appropriate communications plans to support the Digital, Data and Technology portfolio of contracts objectives.
• Delivering and monitoring customer satisfaction and implementing continuous improvement to ensure it is improved over time.
• All data and management information relating to their area of responsibility, including production of dashboards and other relevant MI.
• Ensuring the ongoing development of commercial policies, governance and processes for DIT. This includes ensuring that they are appropriately communicated to all customers, embedded and enforced.
• Supporting Commercial colleagues with delivering the overall team purpose and objectives.
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Substantial experience managing in a procurement environment.
• A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding procurement function.
• Experience working in a goods and services procurement/contract management environment
• Will have used analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques and research skills to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities.
• Experience of working as an expert or lead role in the application of procurement tools and undertaking strategic procurement exercises to improve value for money.
• Significant experience in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Experience in influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, and procurement decisions at a project level.
• A passion for what you do with a positive, friendly “can do attitude”
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension