Commercial Manager - Export and Investment Services
The Commercial Manager in Export and Investment Service is responsible for managing the Export and Investment portfolio of contracts and grants to deliver value and manage risk over the full lifecycle. The portfolio may span a range of contracts and grants or include a single large contract for complex services where there may be a high degree of interdependency with the supplier.
The role will work in an integrated manner with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
Job description and Responsibilities
• As a Commercial Manager, you will be working in partnership with DIT business units and suppliers to ensure that the department can continue to deliver its strategic objectives and improve performance.
• Supporting the DIT business in identifying future sourcing requirements and in advising on alternative commercial and service delivery models which may be appropriate in meeting its needs?.
• Monitoring and engaging the market in the given area of the DIT commercial portfolio to ensure the business and the Commercial Team are abreast of developments and actors?.
• Designing and executing sourcing exercises which maximize the return on investment from DIT spend.?
• Managing and improving live contracts to ensure that DIT realizes the value intended from its investments.
Personal Attributes & Skills
• As a successful Commercial Manager, you’ll have substantial experience managing in a procurement environment.
• A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding procurement function.
• Experience working in a goods and services procurement/contract management environment.
• Good analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques and research skills to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities.
• Experience of working as an expert or lead role in the application of procurement tools and undertaking strategic procurement exercises to improve value for money.
• Significant experience in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Experience in influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, and procurement decisions at a project level.
• Demonstrate self-motivation and pro-activity, with the ability to manage and prioritise personal workload.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage conflict effectively and appropriately at all levels to ensure objectives are achieved.
• A passion for what you do with a positive, friendly “can do attitude”
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension