Commercial Manager – Trade Legal Services
The Trade Legal Services Category Team works in partnership with legal and policy to meet user needs in providing trusted advice on best route to market and award mechanism. They do this through understanding user needs to determine how to drive value, use lessons learned from other stakeholders to inform value decisions, set clear and achievable timelines, and communicate effectively on barriers to success.
The purpose of the Commercial Manager role is to develop relationships with some of the UK and the world’s most respected law firms and build partnerships based on shared objectives that support the delivery of Government priorities.
The Commercial Manager role will have direct account and category management responsibilities.
• The Commercial Manager for Trade Legal Service will be supporting the delivery and refresh of the category strategy for Legal Services, including the management of Legal Services Frameworks.
• Develop and lead on Legal Services related procurements that conform to the DIT Procurement Policy & Procedures Manual, and which comply fully with UK procurement law, DIT and government policy, and assurance processes.
• Maintain a very good understanding of your customers’ business and culture to support the Trade Legal Services Commercial Lead in delivering commercial leadership across the organisation, through key initiatives ensuring best practice and delivery of savings.
• Implement, manage, improve and promote the use of systems, tools and data management to create useful management information to support the business in managing marketing and events spend.
• Ensure communication is audience focused, clear, concise and consistent in order to assist understanding and support for policy / process change and ensure implementation is positive and consistent.
• Support and provide leadership to deliver effective results on time, to required quality standards and cost, to fulfil the business plan and achieve/ support environmental goals.
• Conduct regular market analysis and supplier relationship management.
• Develop detailed knowledge of the obligations within our legal services contracts, maintaining knowledge of the levers, performance standards, KPIs and CPIS etc. contained within.
• Advise and support the business and internal stakeholders responding accurately with reference to contractual issues in a timely manner, seeking support when required.
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Substantial experience managing in a procurement environment.
• A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding procurement function.
• Experience working in a goods and services procurement/contract management environment
• Will have used analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques and research skills to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities.
• Experience of working as an expert or lead role in the application of procurement tools and undertaking strategic procurement exercises to improve value for money.
• Significant experience in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Experience in influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, and procurement decisions at a project level.
• A passion for what you do with a positive, friendly “can do attitude”
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension.