Commercial Manager – World Events Procurement and Contracts
The Department of International Trade plays a critical role in the UK Government’s response to HM Government’s participation in global events. We are looking for talented and motivated civil servant to work on an existing high-profile project (Expo 2020 Dubai), leading on to future Major World Events projects, to ensure we can deliver an ambitious agenda.
We are seeking staff to make a practical, positive impact during these unprecedented times. This is your opportunity to make a real difference and be involved in critical work that is vital for both the UK and international response.
The purpose of the role is to develop relationships and build partnerships based on shared objectives that support the delivery of Government priorities.
This role will work in an integrated manner with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups including DIT’s international network who own ‘political’ and ‘business’ relationships overseas, Other Government Department teams responsible for ‘buying’ and/or technical specification development and other Government Commercial Function teams.
• Working in partnership with DIT business units to ensure that the department can continue to deliver its strategic and operational objectives and improve performance on the portfolio of contracts to deliver value and manage risk over the full lifecycle.
• Respond to critical short-term demands for commercial advice and support in emerging Major World Events
• Support longer term capability building in supply chain resilience by providing commercial advice to overseas HMG staff and OGD stakeholders.?
• Provide ongoing commercial advice to shape future operating model of World Events Team?– working across DIT, OGD and GCO stakeholders.
• Supporting Commercial colleagues with delivering the overall team purpose and objectives.
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Substantial experience managing in a procurement environment
• A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding procurement and contract management function.
• Experience working in a goods and services procurement/contract management environment
• A strong understanding of construction, facilities management and design contracts and their application in major construction projects
• Will have used analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques and research skills to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities.
• Experience of working as an expert or lead role in the application of procurement tools and undertaking strategic procurement exercises to improve value for money.
• Significant experience in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Experience in influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, and procurement decisions at a project level.
• Demonstrate self-motivation and pro-activity, with the ability to manage and prioritise personal workload.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage conflict effectively and appropriately at all levels to ensure objectives are achieved.
• A passion for what you do with a positive, friendly “can do attitude”.
CIPS/ working towards CIPS or willingness to do so.
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension