Head of Procurement (2 year FTC)
Do you have the experience as Head of Procurement to not only be instrumental in transforming procurement and the organisation but also the cultural landscape of Manchester? If so then we have the role for you.
Our client is looking for a Head of Procurement on an initial 2 year Fixed Term Contract (FTC), to play a key role in preparing the organisation for the opening of their new permanent, year-round home for culture in Manchester. As senior lead for procurement, this is a stand-alone role with full oversight and responsibility for managing the procurement of both goods and services for the building, as well as establishing a procurement framework for future procurement activity in line with the organisation’s ongoing trading activities.
As Head of Procurement, you will be joining at a key juncture in the transformation of the organisation. Experience of working in a change environment, and in building and establishing a newly formed procurement framework for an event or project-led organisation will be key to the success of the role.
The organisation is committed to driving sustainable and social value through their supply chain. As Head of Procurement, you will play a key role in building and driving the culture of this function, engaging with senior internal and external stakeholders.
This role is ideal for a proactive, forward thinking procurement transformation or governance specialist looking to take a step forward in a diverse and leading organisation.
The ideal candidate for this Head of Procurement role will:
- Have proven procurement experience of Contract Services (including Facilities Management and Food & Beverage); Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FFE); IT/Technology and Indirect Goods & Services
- Ensure the procurement approach is ‘fit for purpose’, robust, efficient & fair and meets the needs of the organisation & delivers value for money
- Have strong stakeholder engagement & relationship management – working with internal stakeholders to drive support & adoption of the procurement approach
- Ensure procurement governance
- Have demonstrable experience of working at a senior level within procurement with a high level of autonomy
- Proven experience of leading & delivering a significant programme of procurement delivering with a value for money approach
- Be CIPS qualified and have an enthusiasm for a range of arts & culture
This role is initially being offered on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract (FTC).
To register your interest in this Head of Procurement role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.