Category Specialist - Capital Projects
Category Specialist - Capital Projects - Leading Utilities Firm - Berkshire - £45-55k + flexible working
This utility major with millions of customers across the UK, renowned within their procurement function of having a rewarding and diverse environment, ideal for breading a mature and progressive department, are looking to bring onboard a strategically minded procurement manager with experience of working on complex capital projects to join their team.
This team, transformational in nature and who work on complex projects ultimately designed to deliver value to the organisation, out of growth are looking to add this strategic procurement manager to grow quickly through the business via close-working relationships with team and business leaders. Ideal for someone looking to take the next step in their career within a well-recognised firm delivering value to the nation and it's customers.
Procurement manager role outline:
- Lead on what typically are transformational projects in excess of £50M, leading the strategic development of these projects and driving new innovative sourcing strategies to challenge current ways of working
- Work closely with your team, providing leadership by example whilst collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure capital projects are delivered on time, achieving best value & fulfilling customer expectations
- Continually keep up to date on EU procurement regulations and ensure this is observed to during strategic sourcing initiatives
- Take the opportunity to work closely with senior heads of departments and therefore fast progression opportunities, to move quickly through the ranks of this procurement and wider commercial team
- Minimum of 4 years of strategic procurement or sourcing experience, ideally from within utilities, or from any other highly regulated environment
- Capital procurement experience is a must, therefore experience of working with NEC & IChemC contracts
- Good understanding of utilities contract regulations applied via current or past experiences
- Degree education or equivalent / MCIPS
If you are a procurement manager with experience of working across complex capital projects and looking to move into a well-known and progressive utilities major, with key values including sustainability, please apply via this domain or directly with a copy of your cv to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Keywords: Procurement, indirect procurement, direct procurement, strategic procurement, purchasing, strategic sourcing, sourcing initiatives, supply chain, stakeholder management, procurement manager, capital projects, construction, engineering, utilities, NEC, OJEU, contract management, major capital projects, transformation, London, flexible working, Berkshire, BA, MBA, CIPS, MCIPS