At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,900 employees and in 2020, our Group generated revenues of over $1.894 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
At ConvaTec we’re transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We’re aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as Category Manager (Indirect Procurement) and you’ll do the same.
To create maximum value for ConvaTec through the development, execution and effective management of strategic category sourcing plans. Coordination and leveraging of global cross-Business Unit spend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of Strategic Sourcing Category Management Plans– the Category Manager is responsible to engage the key category stakeholders and suppliers to develop global strategic category and sourcing strategies to drive savings and value to the company.
- Sourcing - the Category Manager is responsible for identifying, selecting, and contracting suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management – the Category Manager is responsible for monitoring and managing supplier performance with respect to cost, quality, delivery timeliness, etc.
- Continuous Improvement – the Category Manager is responsible to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives that will generate value through increase supplier performance or capabilities.
- While this is a procurement position, the Category Manager is not responsible for planning and managing purchase orders.
- Experience within sourcing, consulting, or a productivity improvement role.
- Experience in a FDA regulated industry desired. B.S. or B.A. required.
- Professional certification (CPM, CIPS (level 4 and above), EIPM) and/or MBA are highly desirable.
- Experience working with Indirect categories globally and evidence of driving strategic improvements and savings.
- Experience working with global Indirect categories such as Marketing, professional services and I.T are highly desirable.
- Experience working within a Strategic Sourcing Environment and category management process.
- Experience working with e-procurement tools to find, evaluate & select the best vendors to drive savings, increase value & manage risk
Our products make a big difference every day. So will your contribution. The work you do will mean more, because it’ll make things better for your team, our business or our customers’ lives. It’ll inspire you to deliver to your very best. And we’ll be right behind you when you do.
This is a challenge more worthwhile.
This is work that’ll move you.