Buyer - Global Procurement (Direct & Indirect Sourcing)
At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,900 employees and in 2020, our Group generated revenues of over $1.894 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
At ConvaTec, we’re transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We’re aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as Buyer and you'll do the same.
You will be responsible for creating maximum value for ConvaTec through the development, execution and effective management of strategic category sourcing plans.
Dues and Responsibilities:
- Drive year over year cost improvement.
- Strategic Sourcing Plan Development – the candidate will be responsible for engaging key category stakeholders to facilitate the development of strategic sourcing strategies for the region.
- Sourcing - the candidate will be responsible for identifying, selecting, and contracting suppliers.
- Supplier Management – the candidate will be responsible for monitoring and managing supplier performance with respect to cost, quality, delivery timeliness, etc.
- Continuous Improvement – the candidate will be responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives that will generate value through increase supplier performance or capabilities.
- Continually strives to achieve the best total value for ConvaTec across all areas of sourcing.
- Proactively identifies key issues and delivers efficient responses to sourcing and productivity issues.
- Understanding of commodities sourcing strategies.
- Strategic thinking, facilitation & influencing skills. Ability to lead, persuade and convince.
- Researches best practices across a variety of industries and disciplines and translates into relevant actions for improvements within ConvaTec.
- Displays organizational savvy and knows how to leverage networks to bring information and points of view from different areas both inside and outside the company.
- Understands the market dynamics and cost drivers in the supply markets in their area of responsibility and can articulate an effective sourcing strategy.
- Ability to analyse pricing proposals and utilize a fact-based approach to drive negotiations and value generation.
- Understands, endorses, and practices the formal strategic sourcing methodology.
- Creates a network of key customers and executive sponsors across manufacturing, R&D, sales, marketing, and finance.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex data and generate maximum value creation for the business.
- An individual that is comfortable working in teams and autonomously.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company using a variety of formats, presentations, emails, leading meetings, face to face etc.
- Some experience managing cross-functional and cross-business projects within a matrix business environment, including an understanding of the barriers to change and how to overcome them.
- Some experience working with e-procurement sourcing tools to evaluate & select the best vendors to drive savings, increase value & manage risk
- Professional certification (CIPS, EIPM) or working towards, are highly desirable.
Our products make a big difference every day. So will your contribution. The work you do will mean more, because it’ll make things better for your team, our business or our customers’ lives. It’ll inspire you to deliver to your very best. And we’ll be right behind you when you do.
This is a challenge more worthwhile.
This is work that’ll move you.