Procurement Support Executive (Social Value)
Social value is a rapidly developing approach to addressing societal challenges and aiming to create flourishing and sustainable communities and places.
The Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK. We have a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable our clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value, based around an evidence-led social value measurement framework which we developed, called the TOMs (Themes, Outcomes and Measures).
There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the TOMs:
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches.
About the role
The public sector is leading the way in defining and implementing social value in the UK and public sector organisations such as local authorities, health bodies and central government departments are very important customers for us.
A lot of what we do for these customers involves helping them to procure goods, works and services using social value criteria. These customers will use the Portal and the TOMs measurement framework to support the social value component of their tender requirements. This includes our team providing evaluation support on the social value element of the bids.
Our public sector customers are using the Portal across a large proportion of their procurement spend and the volume of evaluations for which we provide support is high and increasing rapidly.
We have a customer-facing team of Social Value Advisers (SVAs) who are responsible for providing this evaluation support as part of a broad role which includes many other responsibilities. With the growth of the business, we have decided to create a dedicated procurement support team, working alongside our SVAs, to concentrate specialist knowledge and manage the volume of evaluations more effectively.
Our evaluations activity is supported by a Peer Review panel, comprising senior members of the SVP team, who are responsible for reviewing and signing off completed evaluations and providing additional support and guidance.
We are looking for people with experience of procurement processes and tender evaluations to join this team. To meet the requirements of the role, you must have good analytical, numerical and communication skills and experience of working in a procurement and commissioning environment. You must be able to work as part of a dynamic team as well as being comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of multiple evaluations at any given time. You will have a post-secondary qualification (degree-level or equivalent) or a relevant professional qualification.
- Undertaking the evaluation of social value in a fair and transparent manner using the National TOMs Framework and according to the requirements of our customers
- Providing knowledge, best practice advice, training, templates, and tools relating to procurement to our people and our customers
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders (principally internal and key customer contacts) on the status of evaluations, clarification questions required of bidders, and providing feedback on scoring
- Facilitating internal moderation and review processes
- Ensuring relevant governance processes are followed
- Supporting process improvements and technical developments
- Experience in the assessment / evaluation of tenders using a variety of routes to market, e.g. competitive procedures, frameworks, etc.
- Minimum two years full working experience including experience working in a public sector procurement or commissioning environment
- Good working knowledge of current UK procurement processes and legislation
- Interest in the principles of Social Value
- Excellent written communication skills
- Organised and structured approach to working with great attention to detail
- Comfortable working with data and web applications, including full MS Office suite
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent
- Up to 5 years full working experience including experience working in a public sector procurement or commissioning environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce or comparable CRM platform
- Experience using online procurement platforms such ProContract or similar
- CIPS or other relevant qualification (or working towards)
- Good working knowledge of the principles of Social Value
For recruits looking to develop or formalise their professional abilities in this sector, SVP will undertake to financially support their progression with a CIPS qualification alongside the role.
Competitive salary (range between £27k and £35k) and comprehensive benefits package, including ethical pension scheme and private medical insurance, subject to candidate’s experience.
Apply for Procurement Support Executive (Social Value)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly