Procurement Lead - Digital and Technology
This role sits within the Digital & Technology Category within Test and Trace Commercial. This category provides services including application and software requirements, platforms & tooling, data & analytics, quality assurance, testing, engineering, digital solutions and technical architecture. This team will ensure the services are aligned to business needs and the Test & Trace digital and technology strategy.
Building a strong Commercial Function in Government, and with it the right commercial capability, is at the heart of a far-reaching programme of Civil Service reform.
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our DHSC - T&T commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
Technical skills required:
- Procurement Process: Experience delivering major commercial procurements that have delivered outstanding value for money and great commercial outcomes.
- Market Insight: The ability to offer expert commercial advice in risk management, being aware of the latest risk management processes and initiatives.
- Manages Complexity: Experience of managing large contracts with complex commercial structures to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Digital & Technology: Extensive commercial experience in Digital and/or Technology, with a strong understanding of Architecture, Mobile applications, Data, Information security and Software/Licence agreements.
- Builds Relationships: Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of senior stakeholders, particularly with key suppliers. Able to communicate effectively at all levels with different stakeholders.
- Coaching Manager: The ability to effectively manage a commercial team, assisting with the development of individuals, offering the appropriate support and driving improvements in the commercial output of the overall team.
Full details of the role and responsibilities can be found in the candidate pack found via civil service jobs. Click to apply.