Procurement Lead - Logistics
About the job Summary
Building a strong Commercial Function in Government, and with it the right commercial capability, is at the heart of a far-reaching programme of Civil Service reform.
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our DHSC - T&T commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
This role sits within the Logistics Category within Test and Trace Commercial. The Logistics Category manages and implements end to end logistics solutions to support Test and Trace operations, determining peaks in testing as well as ensuring the category commercial solution can satisfy varying test volumes. In addition, this category covers a wide range of activities including, packaging, test kitting and assembly, warehousing, shipping, distribution and documentation of tests.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Logistics Experience: A strong track record of successfully delivering large, complex supply chain and logistics procurements and contracts based on subject matter expertise.
- Procurement Expertise: Experience of successfully managing procurements and contracts in a fast-paced, challenging environment, to ensure successful outcomes are delivered. Experience of public sector procurement is highly desirable.
- Contract Management Focus: In-depth experience of managing complex large scale contracts, to ensure service, quality, value for money, commercial and procurement objectives are achieved.
- Commercial Track Record: Experience of delivery across the full commercial lifecycle including knowledge and understanding of commercial policies, their practical application as well as the ability to implement the latest commercial methodologies.
- Builds Relationships: The ability to build strong, productive relationships at all levels, with a variety of stakeholders with different backgrounds, perspectives and drivers.
Full details on key responsibilities and how to apply can be found in the candidate pack. Please click through to apply via Civil Service Jobs.