Senior Procurement Manager – Consumables, Reagents & Equipment
About the job Summary
Building a strong Commercial Function in Government, and with it the right commercial capability, is at the heart of a far-reaching programme of Civil Service reform.
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our DHSC - T&T commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
This role sits within the Consumables, Reagents & Equipment (CRE) Category within Test and Trace Commercial.
This category provides essential materials and supplies to maintain operations for testing facilities through to labs and logistics. Specifically, this team ensures the provision of consumables, reagents and equipment to help enable Test and Trace. Consumables include materials that are quickly used and need to be replaced often, reagents are substances that are critical to enable lab testing operations and equipment covers items which support lab testing and operations.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Procurement Process: Evidence of managing contracts successfully in a fast-paced, changing environment, keeping ahead of market factors to ensure successful outcomes are delivered.
- Manages Complexity: Experience of managing large contracts with complex commercial structures to ensure value for money is achieved. Demonstrating strategic thinking, flexibility, risk management and resilience.
- Builds Relationships: Experience of identifying, developing and building strong, productive relationships at all levels and with a variety of stakeholders with different backgrounds, perspectives and drivers.
- Commercial Focus: Experience of delivery across the full commercial lifecycle including knowledge and understanding of commercial policies, their practical application and the ability to implement the latest commercial methodologies.
- Coaching Manager: Evidence of leading teams in large-scale complex organisations with a track record of successfully building commercial capability.
Full details on key responsibilities and how to apply can be found in the candidate pack. Please click through to apply via Civil Service Jobs.