Principal Commercial & Procurement Consultant
Evolve Commercial is seeking an expert and highly experienced Commercial & Procurement leader to join our leadership team and work in a consulting capacity supporting our clients’ complex technology programmes.
As a key member of the Evolve Commercial leadership team, your role will be to help drive the next phase of company growth, manage delivery of our existing contracts and provide expert strategic commercial advice to our clients.
This is a great time to join Evolve Commercial. We are an exciting, fast-growing SME and we are looking for someone to grow with us. The right candidate should be someone who appreciates the challenges of creating something new and is excited to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get things done to build the company. For this person, an excellent package is on offer. As a small company, we also offer you flexibility, autonomy and space for creative and innovative thinking, where you can put your great ideas into practice.
You will be a highly experienced and astute commercial leader, with a strong background in public sector procurement. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 15 years’ experience of which at least 5 years involving IT procurement.
Not only are you directly supporting our clients in delivering their mission-critical requirements, but you are working with us to establish Evolve Commercial as a trusted provider of commercial and procurement services. You will be self-motivated and enjoy using your commercial acumen to help drive our ambitious growth plans.
Company leadership and growth:
- Client account management and leadership
- Management and coaching of team members
- Develop the company’s service offering and capability
- Identify and deliver suitable sales opportunities to drive company growth
Provide expert commercial & procurement advice to our clients:
- Development of procurement and commercial strategies
- Owning and assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Authoring and supporting business cases for new procurements
- Management of tender activities using public sector frameworks
- Supplier performance management
- Undertake value-for-money analysis for business cases and tenders
- Advise on compliance with Public Contract Regulations and Defence & Security Public Contract Regulations as well as the clients’ internal policies and procedures
- Carrying out Contract Management and ensuring that files are up to date, providing an auditable trail of effective management
Required Skills & Experience
- Approx. 15 years relevant experience
- Ability to manage clients effectively, creating strong and valuable relationships
- Strong business acumen, able to adapt to different clients and quickly pick up new tasks or use initiative to seek out and resolve problems
- Excellent understanding of Public Contract Regulations and ideally experience operating in the Defence or Security sector
- Excellent understanding of technology procurement from a business perspective; i.e. knowledge of different types of technologies such as cloud, PaaS, SaaS, how they are procured and managed
- Ability to identify and manage commercial risk & opportunity through effective contracting
- Ability to deliver results to meet contracted deadlines and customer expectations.
- Successful candidate likely to hold or be working towards CIPS/MCIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Other professional qualifications and a relevant degree or degree level qualification are also desirable
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance essential