Senior Commercial & Procurement Consultant
Evolve Commercial is seeking an experienced Commercial & Procurement professional to join our company and work in a consulting capacity to support our clients’ complex technology programmes. This is a great opportunity to enhance your consulting skills and progress to quickly become one of our future business leaders.
As a key member of the Evolve Commercial team, your role will be to deliver our existing contracts by providing expert commercial advice to our clients and help the company grow by helping to win new business.
This is a great time to join Evolve Commercial. We are an exciting, fast-growing SME and we are looking for someone to grow with us. The right candidate should be someone who appreciates the challenges of creating something new and is excited to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get things done to build the company. For this person, an excellent package is on offer. As a small company, we also offer you flexibility, autonomy and space for creative and innovative thinking, where you can put your great ideas into practice.
You will be an experienced commercial & procurement professional, with a good background in public sector procurement. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5-10 years’ relevant experience and a comprehensive understanding of IT procurement.
Not only will you be directly supporting our clients in delivering their mission-critical requirements, but you will be working with us to establish Evolve Commercial as a trusted provider of commercial and procurement services. You will be self-motivated and enjoy using your commercial acumen to help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Client relationship management
- Help develop the company’s service offering and capability
- Help deliver suitable sales opportunities to drive company growth
Provide expert commercial & procurement advice to our clients:
- Development of procurement and commercial strategies
- Owning and assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Authoring and supporting business cases for new procurements
- Management of tender activities using public sector frameworks
- Supplier performance management
- Undertake value-for-money analysis for business cases and tenders
- Advise on compliance with Public Contract Regulations and Defence & Security Public Contract Regulations as well as the clients’ internal policies and procedures
- Carrying out Contract Management and ensuring that files are up to date, providing an auditable trail of effective management
Required Skills & Experience
- Approx. 5 - 10 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients
- Strong business acumen, able to adapt to different clients and quickly pick up new tasks or use initiative to seek out and resolve problems
- Comprehensive understanding of Public Contract Regulations and ideally experience operating in the Defence or Security sector
- Strong understanding of technology procurement from a business perspective; i.e. knowledge of different types of technologies such as cloud, PaaS, SaaS, how they are procured and managed
- Ability to identify and manage commercial risk & opportunity through effective contracting
- Ability to deliver results to meet contracted deadlines and customer expectations.
- Successful candidate likely to hold or be working towards CIPS/MCIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Other professional qualifications and a relevant degree or degree level qualification are also desirable
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance essential